NY city doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY city doctors

It seems all of the best New York doctors take only insurance out of network - which means I would have to pay thousands of dollars - before I would get any med coverage. I called Dr. Farcy, Lonner, Neuwirth and Boachie and they only do out of network. Can anyone recommend any other good New York City doctors for me to try.

Thanks
    Sue

Out of Network Doctors

There have been some discussion on this site about how some doctors who are out-of-network do work with their patients - Dr. Boachie was one mentioned. I used an out-of-network doctor but it didn't cost me anything extra as far as the hospital/surgery, just the intial visit to see him. You should talk with the office staff about it asyou may find that it isn't as much as you think. Good Luck. LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

I'll do that.

How do you about Dr. Harvidner Sandhu? I seen he performed one of your surgeries.

Thank you

Comment

Dr. Harvinder Sandhu

SuzyJay, Dr. Sandhu is at Hospital for Special Surgery. He was in my Oxford Plan and is also a scoliosis doctor. I have to say, if I had to have any revision surgery done (thankfully I don't) or scoliosis surgery, I would absolutely go to Dr. Boachie at HSS. He is the best and a wonderful man. I had a few appointment with him a few years after the surgery with Dr. Sandhu and he certainly knows his stuff. Any other questions, please ask me. Thanks. LYNN
        1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
        2000 Partial Rod Removal
        2001 Right Scapular Resection
        12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
        06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Working...
        X