Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still problems

Hi all,
    Could I request a prayer or two tomorrow for Genevieve? Her back has developed an 'oozy bit' near the bottom of her scar and we're being sent back tot he hospital tomorrow so someone can take a look at it. Not sure exactly who as our consultant is on holiday.
    Our GP thinks (and hospital agrees) that they'll probably want to 'explore'it to find out how deep the problem goes. May have to wait till next week for that because of holidays. Not at all sure that Geeves would be able to cope under a local anaesthetic so we could be talking another trip to theatre. I'm trying not to panic but, obviously, all the 'worst case' scenarios are going round my head.

lorrie

Lorrie,

I'll pray for your daughter and hope that the problem will be a minor one.

Cheryl
    NCM

Comment

I am so sorry to hear the news, she has been through so much already, hasn't she. I will certainly pray for her. Hope this is something that can be cleared up with minimal discomfort to Genevieve. Take care and keep us posted...

Renee

Comment

Lorrie,
        I will most certainly honor your prayer request. My heart goes out to you. Please keep us posted with what you find out.

Nikki

Comment

Lorrie,

You can count on me to pray. I hope everything goes well tomorrow and they can get the problem resolved. May God heal Genevieve quickly and completely.

Kindest Regards,
          Gail

Comment

Lorrie, my prayers are with you too. In Christ's love, Kris

Comment

Praying for genevie

Lorry,

I think that is so important to identified the kind of bacteria or whatever she has for the best treatment. Some blod tests could be done for this.
              She has low fever 37.5 or 38 ?

Praying so much for genevie

Carlos

Comment

Hi Carlos
                They're trying to identify the bacteria - both my own doctor and the hospital took swabs from the oozy bit. She's currently on a wide spectrum antibiotic (co-amoxyclav) totry to catch whatever it is. Should get results from my GP tomorrow - he's going to give me a copy to take back to the hospital on Thursday.
                Genevieve's temperature has been normal up to now though she is now complaining of more pain in the problem area (as far as I can get her to localise it).
                The hospital reckoned that, because she is well in herself, there is time to wait and see if it is just a local problem which will clear up now that the fluid has come out or whether (more likely) the infection is deeper and the area will need to be debrided and cleaned out.
                It's currently showing no signs of drying up and going away and the stuff coming out looks more definitely infected to me - thicker and stickier - so I think they will have to do something about it.
                Many thanks for everyone's prayers - we really need 'em!
                Lorrie

Comment

Hi Folks
                  The 'oozy bit' on Genevieve's back dried up a few days ago (before we got back to the hospital) so things could be looking up a bit. We're still on 'wait and see' - Genevieve has to keep taking the antibiotics and we go back next week Friday.
                  I'm also worried about the top of her back - the rods are rubbing at the top - her skin is going red and starting to look a bit bruised. Her consultant tells me that it's not unusual and,while we need to keep an eye on it, he's much more concerned aboutwhether there's still infection lurking. (He says I'm allowed to worry about both of them but to split it 80:20!)

Has anyone come across this - he did tell me what it's called but, not aving written it down at the time it's escaped from my alleged brain (I know it began Kypho.......) and what can happen?

Lorrie

Comment

Working...
                  X