Marajuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marajuana

Sorry if I offend anyone here, but I was wondering if anyone had experienced the same things that I had with my back while smoking weed (marajuana). I feel very relaxed and my neck and back crack easily. I don't know if it's just because I'm relaxed, is it part of the effect of THC or what?? Also, my pain goes down emensly. I have read that marajuana is prescribed in specific cases for chronic pain in California. I live in Colorado and there is marajuana prescribed here for chronic pain, but I do not know if it involves pain from scoliosis, and if so would I have to go through other drugs first?? What about asking a doctor?? Should I just ask.....it's not good to tell your doctor you've tried illegal drugs, I know! Anyone with any advice??

umm most deff stop. drugs suck. and that probably wont help scoliosis. i know i dont know u but i know a lot of ppl who've done drugs and it only hurts them in the end!!!!!!!!
    Diagnosed @ age 14 (now 15)

i HAVE A LOVELY SPINECOR BRACE

CUrVES* 14&&17 as of 4.22.06 (out of brace)

ATLANTA, GEORGiA

Comment

i've heard that some people smoke cannabis for conditions such as multiple sclerosis (i think...not too sure) but basically what i'm saying is that yes it does appear to have muscle relaxant and pain killing properties. have you tried over the counter or prescription medications and found them ineffective?

any drug will effect each and every one of us in different ways (even controlled and regulated substances) and cannabis has been known to have adverse effects and apparently can increase the risk of cancer. if you're having problems with pain, discuss it with your doctor as there are many legal medications you can try first (if you have not already exhausted this possibility)
      diagnosed aged 14 (2001)
      braced from july 2001 to february 2003 to hold curves
      fused T11-L3 on july 16th 2005 (aged 18)
      Discharged by surgeon july 11th 2007 (aged 20 and almost 2 years post-op)
      scoliosis support forum

Comment

I would be careful what I said about illegal substances on a public site such as this. Marijuana probably helps with pain relief, as it gives you a different sensation, therefore the reason for people to use it. However, if it is legal with a doctor's prescription, you might ask your doctor about his/her advice on the effects it would have regarding Scoliosis pain vs. other prescriptions you can be given. I would hesitate to discuss the subject on the internet anymore, except to tell us what your doctor says. Good luck! Kris

Comment

I've never even smoked marijuana, but from what I hear it is helpful for pain, any kind. Here in Canada it is prescribed for some people with more serious conditions, and is decriminalized for now.

As for my opinion about the use, I don't know wether it is more harmful than any other narcotic, I take a sleeping aid and I'm sure it isn't all that healthy for my body to take as well(I have to take it though as the pain gets too much and am waiting for revision surgery).

Don't be afraid to ask your doc. (IMO)
          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

pain

Pain means something is wrong; adressing the cause is the best solution. Otherwise damage to nerves will not be realized in time.

Karen
            Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
            Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Originally posted by cloggerx3
              umm most deff stop. drugs suck. and that probably wont help scoliosis. i know i dont know u but i know a lot of ppl who've done drugs and it only hurts them in the end!!!!!!!!
              First off weed is not that bad at all. It's a good plant and yes I smoke it from time to time just because I love it. I would be smoking it everyday but I need my lungs since I train all day everyday...back dosnt give me too much pain I am 18..47 degree curve.

Comment

Working...
              X