Surgery tomorrow!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery tomorrow!!

Hey everyone, tomorrow's the big day! I'm going in for surgery!

I had my pre-op yesterday. It was okay, but the MRI was definitely not my favorite thing ... I'm just glad it was only an hour and fifteen minutes, they said it might have taken up to 2 hours!

I'm just so glad that they got me in for surgery so soon...my curve's progressing at 10* a month, so surgery is really necessary here.

I can't believe it's tomorrow!! I haven't really been that nervous. I'm not afraid of what's going to happen, the thing I'm worried about is the recovery period. Obviously that's not going to be a bundle of joy, but I'll get through it.
    I'm Karin. I had surgery for my scoliosis on October 13, 2005, and am doing well! I formerly wore a providence brace and did PT for treatment.

Hi Karin
    Just to wish you the very best for tomorrow. Hope everything goes well for you.
    Lorrie

Comment

Hi Karin,

I wanted to send best wishes also. Hope your surgery is uncomplicated and recovery uneventful! Just think, by Friday you will be "on the other side" of scoli! Let us know how things are going when you feel up to it.

Renee

Comment

good luck and remember to tell the hospital staff if you're in pain
        diagnosed aged 14 (2001)
        braced from july 2001 to february 2003 to hold curves
        fused T11-L3 on july 16th 2005 (aged 18)
        Discharged by surgeon july 11th 2007 (aged 20 and almost 2 years post-op)
        scoliosis support forum

Comment

Hi Kari,

I know I already said this on spinekids, but I wanted to say it again lol I'm praying for you. Good luck tomorrow! You're going to do great!! *hugs*
          ~*Lauren*~
          Braced for 5 months
          Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
          Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
          Surgery on April 26th 2005
          Fused from T3-L4
          Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

God be with you! Kris

Comment

Kari, Lots of prayers coming your way.

Cheryl M (Briann's Mom)

Comment

Karin,
                Nothing but the best of wishes for a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery. Take care and lots of prayers going your way.
                LeaEvelyn

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery Karin. You will be in my prayers as I start the day tomorrow.

Connie (dancermom)

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, Karin! We will be thinking of you!

Gymnasticschick (from SpineKids) and Briannasmom (her mom)

Comment

I'm new here and have read a lot of your posts... my heart goes out to you and i know you'll be strong about this... everything will eventually go back to normal.
                      *BILLIE JOE*

Comment

scoliosis mom

hi karin,my daughter had surgery done in august of 2002 and she was amazed at how much easier the recovery was then what she anticipated.they were great with the pain medication. she loved the little button you pressed whenever you felt discomfort.she really only used it for the first two days. just make sure you try to get moving as soon as they say to. take it slow but it really helps you get back to normal. load up on good books and trashy magazines which my daughter loved and be psyched that it will all be behind you. my daughter now runs cross-country,spring track and swimscompetitively. the water is the best rehab right off the bat. i firmly believe in exercise when allowed to keep you strong and elizabeth did great because of it. you will be in our thoughts and prayers. you will do great!!!

Comment

Karin,

You have a lot of people thinking of you and knowing what you are about to go through, you are in our thoughts and prayers! My son had surgery on March 28, 2005 and his recovery was much easier that I had ever imagined. Stay strong mentally, you will sail through this!

All our prayers and best wishes!

Lura and Alex

Comment

good luck i will be praying

Comment

Best wishes, you will be in my prayers. ♥

Comment

Working...
                              X