New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum so I wanted to post a quick hello/introduction. My name is Amanda and I had (successful!) surgery 2/2/00 for correction of my kyphoscoliosis. The surgery has dramatically improved my life and even caused me to find my career "calling" (nursing). If anyone has any questions about anything please feel free to e-mail, IM or post back!

Good to hear a good post-op report years later! Kris

Comment

Congratulations on a successful surgery outcome!

I noticed that you live in PA. How close to Central PA are you loacted? The reason I ask is that we have a support group at Hershey Medical Center if you would like to get involved.

Mary Lou

Comment

Congratulations on your surgery. My 17 year old daughter has also thought about nursing since she had her surgery in March. I find that so very interesting. Good luck to you in your career.

Comment

I had surgery 9-19-05 for kyphoscoliosis. I was wondering--what areas are fused in your back? Did you wear a large brace after surgery?
          Judyk

Comment

Judyk-I'm fused T3-L3. I also had a rib resection for the kyphosis. No brace after surgery for me, I was lucky!
            Mary Lou- I'm about an hour and a half from Hershey. When does the group meet?

Comment

Amanda,

We are in the process of scheduling our next meeting. Feel free to contact me at Spinesupport05@aol.com for more information.

It is always great to hear success stories like yours!

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
              X