Scoliosis Awareness Bracelets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Awareness Bracelets?

Does anyone know where I can find bracelets to promote scoliosis awareness. I've seen them on a website, but did not save it. I want to give them in my Christmas Cards! Thanks!! Christle

Christie...

They're available on this website:

http://www.scoliosis.org/store/scoliband.php

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Scoli bands worn for support

We bought about 20 of these green bands to give our daughter's friends and cousins so they could wear them in support of our daughter's upcoming surgery. We thought that maybe it would help her friends feel like they were being supportive and it would help our daughter not feel alone with what she is about to go through.

Elizabeth's surgery is on Nov. 28th and I am starting to get pretty nervous for her and what will happen. She goes in for bending x-rays at the beginning of November and then we can set up a time to visit the pediatric ward of the hospital she will be staying at. This all is just getting so real and closer. She seems to be handling it all pretty well as her back really hurts her and she is excited about not having to wear her brace any more after surgery.

Anyway, just wanted everyone to know about these bands. My family has already started wearing their green bracelets but I am not ready to yet. It makes all of this too real. I will start wearing my bracelet soon though as I do want to be a strong support for my daughter (she is 14 and is a member of the SpineKids website).

Thanks for this wonderful site and the support that everyone gives.
      Connie (Dancermom)

Comment

Hi,

does anyone know I could buy the bands in the UK

Thanks
        A

Comment

amaka you have to buy them from the link linda posted above and get them shipped in. we ordered some a while ago as a big group on SSO but they've all gone now
          diagnosed aged 14 (2001)
          braced from july 2001 to february 2003 to hold curves
          fused T11-L3 on july 16th 2005 (aged 18)
          Discharged by surgeon july 11th 2007 (aged 20 and almost 2 years post-op)
          scoliosis support forum

Comment

oh hey, you're daughter belongs to spinekids?! i do too! what's her username? i'm debatingsuperchic[k]

laura
            laura
            ME!
            homeschooled freshman
            i am obsessed with competitive policy debate!

MY SCOLI!!!
            diagnosed June, 2005

curves 34*T and 32*L
            wearing a Boston brace
            at least 20 hours a day
            next appt. in a month

Comment

wow i want one of them bracelets

Comment

Awareness Wristbands

There are also Awareness Wristbands available from Shriners Hospitals for Children. If anyone has had experience with Shriners and would like information on their wristbands, please e-mail me at mariaf305@yahoo.com.
                mariaf305@yahoo.com
                Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

I would love to get a couple of those. I would like to make others more aware of scoliosis and just how serious it can be if nothing is done. I know that you can buy these bracelets on the National Scoliosis Foundation web site. They have a link on their web site to them.

Comment

The green bands are through NSF. But now, the Scoliosis Association has blue bands out. Their bands say "Let's Get It Straight" on it and there is also a web address on it as well. I'm not sure if that is the address to order them, but here it is anyway: www.scoliosis-assoc.org. From what I remember, their price is the same as the green bands.

Mary Lou
                    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

I know that the green bands are through NSF but do you know where I can look at pictures of the blue ones out that I read about were already being produced? I am curious to see what these ones look like.

Comment

a couple of days ago, i ordered a blue band from www.sdscoliosis.com
                        xx
                        Becki
                        16y/o girl
                        42" thorocolumbar curve + rotation
                        Had anterior surgery on 9th sept 2006
                        www.myspace.com/curvesarecool

Comment

I got one of those! I got my friends to wear them too. And then my mom decided to make the entire family wear them...yay

my name is molly
                          i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
                          i got my back brace at age 13
                          i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
                          my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
                          i've had scoliosis since i was 7
                          my legs used to be uneven
                          but now they look much more balanced!
                          and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
                          Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

awareness bracelets

Hi there~
                            Please visit www.ScoliosisAwarenessBracelets.com
                            The NSF sells the rubber type and this site is 100 non-profit and are nice enough to wear every day.
                            Many thanks.
                            Kerrie Bassow

Comment

Awareness Bracelets ScoliosiS

Hola

I run a support group and have done for many years (I have a Harrington Rod), I teamed up with the SAUK last year to provide an awareness bracelet for Scoliosis with the slogan "Speak up for Scoliosis"

I sell them from my website and you can also buy them from the SAUK, the bands are purple, embossed with white lettering

Hope you like them and thanks for the support

Simone

Scoliosis Awareness Bracelets
                              Scoliosis Support, News, Blog
                              Twisted and Curved....I like that in a person
                              Harrington rod T5 to L1 (1989)

Comment

Working...
                              X