? about incision cite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about incision cite

Hello all. I am starting to notice that the top of my incision is spreading apart. It's healing still, but it's getting wider across. It's the area that is right between my shoulder blades. I'm curious if anyone else on here has experienced this problem and what can be done about it. I don't like the way it looks right now. It's not too too bad, but my husband was telling me that he can see all the little veins underneath the new skin that is forming and that it doesn't look like it used to when the staples were removed. I just don't want it to keep spreading further and further apart. Any advice is most appreciative.

~Shelley
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Hi Shelley...

You can do a search on user blairf83 using the Search icon above. She has had a similar problem.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hey Shelley. I've had the same thing happen not once, but twice. If you have any questions, I'll tell you what I know. Feel free to email me- blairasb@comcast.net
      Blair

Dec 15th, 2003 @ age of 20
      Posterior Fusion and CD Horizon instrumentation T2-L1.
      Surgery by Dr. Herkowitz- Beaumont Hospital of Royal Oak, Michigan
      Excellent correction of 52 degree single left thoracolumbar curve. Slight curve remains in unfused lumbar region but seems stable.
      February 5, 2005- Failed Scar Revision Surgery
      September 17, 2005- 2nd Failed Scar Revision.

Comment

Shelley, My scar did the same thing at the top. It is finally starting to fade and it's not as red as it used to be. Mine widen only about 1/4". It's about the top 3". My doctor said that it happens like that sometimes. I've heard of it mentioned a few times on here.
        Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
        Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
        Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
        Fused T2 to sacrum
        June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Originally posted by itsjustme
          Hello all. I am starting to notice that the top of my incision is spreading apart. It's healing still, but it's getting wider across. It's the area that is right between my shoulder blades. I'm curious if anyone else on here has experienced this problem and what can be done about it. I don't like the way it looks right now. It's not too too bad, but my husband was telling me that he can see all the little veins underneath the new skin that is forming and that it doesn't look like it used to when the staples were removed. I just don't want it to keep spreading further and further apart. Any advice is most appreciative.

~Shelley
          Hi there,
          My incision is not coming apart, but i've had one large knot and two smaller one surface. Sometimes they hurt and sometimes they dont. Have you had any problems like that?

DMB

Comment

nope, I can't say that I've had knots pop up, but I get muscle spasms, stuff like that. It's just that my incision is spreading apart. not too bad, but just knowing what it's doing is freaking me out a little.
            25 yr old female =^_^=
            Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
            Lumbar curve 23 degrees
            surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
            Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

Working...
            X