I'm Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back...

Hey guys... just got in from the hospital... I'm in a lot of pain.... I feel like a malfunctioning toy...surgery was a sucess... my curve was reduced from 77 degrees to 15 degrees... I'll give you all the details as soon as I can... for now, sleep...thanks for all your support and prayers
    27 Years Old
    Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
    Post Surgery: 15 degrees
    www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Welcome back Monie!! Glad to hear it was a success!!!

Comment

congratulations on your curve reduction! Take it easy and get better soon! You're in my families prayers for a quick recovery!
      25 yr old female =^_^=
      Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
      Lumbar curve 23 degrees
      surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
      Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

I was reading your blog and wondered when you'd get home, and if you were well after your infection.

Take care of you and don't forget to take iron pills for a while still, don't do the same mistake I did.
        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Glad to hear that you are home safe and sound! I have been reading your blog and waiting and watching. That is wonderful about the correction on your curve.
          48 year old Female
          3 curves...35, 56, 43
          Proud wearer of Milwaukee Brace in the 70's...and hated every minute of it.

Comment

Welcome back home! My family is praying for your continued wellness.

Comment

Congratulations for hanging in there and getting past one big milestone!!! I'm so glad your correction was so successful!! May your recovery be speedy and relatively easy.... Keep us posted....
              JoAnn

Comment

I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers and support... reading all your posts actually made me cry!... thank you so very much... I should be online a bit more now, so I should be able to post replies more... I"m also in the process of updating my blog... I'm trying to give a VERY detailed account of the whole ordeal... thanks guys... really for everything.
                27 Years Old
                Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
                Post Surgery: 15 degrees
                www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Comment

Wonderful to see that you were on again, and am looking forward to reading the blog about your whole experience. Hope you're feeling stronger every day!
                  48 year old Female
                  3 curves...35, 56, 43
                  Proud wearer of Milwaukee Brace in the 70's...and hated every minute of it.

Comment

Congratulations Monie! I hope that you're well on your way to a very successful recovery!

Comment

Working...
                    X