Any one else w/Lumbar ONLY curve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one else w/Lumbar ONLY curve?

I haven't seen another person with lumbar only curve, anyone out there? I am at 49*. I am not going to wait to have surgery, looking ay Jan '06. I will have pedicles and screws from T10 to L5. I am wondering if recovery will be better or the same with my curve location vs the typical S curve most have. I feel being in shape and young I will do very well with recovery but there are still questions........

Hi Suzy...

I've known several people who had only a lumbar curve, and I think, for the most part, they had fairly easy recoveries. In general, the fewer vertebrae fused, the easier the recovery.

I don't know if it was a typo or a misunderstanding, but I believe you mean "pedicle screws" as opposed to "pedicles and screws."

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Yes Linda, pedicle screws and rods too. I am a newbe. Just found out I'm heading down this road on the 12th of sept. Thanks, Suzy

Comment

HI Suzy,

I have a lumbar curve only and i'm doing very well with my recovery i'm really glad that i have only one, cause some times i do things i really can't imagine myself doing them with a thoracic fusion also.
        22 years old female, Surgery date: 30 March 2005
        Posterior Fusion with MOSS Miami System: T10-L3
        Lumbar curve: pre-op 50 degrees, post-op 12 degrees

Comment

I, too, have a lumbar only scoliosis, caused by a hemivertebrae. I am due to have surgery on November 8 & 11 (anterior & posterior). I have a lot of questions, also; however, most of them are being answered here. Keep looking & keep asking! Linda

Comment

Working...
          X