• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are alive, ok, and homeless :(

Hey guys. How is everyone? Well, today, I finally got a hold of a computer
    with the internet. We evacuated on Thursday about noon, and an hour and a
    half trip to Lafayette, Louisiana took over 4 hours. Traffic was absolutely
    terrible. I never knew how depressing it was to have to leave your house and
    everything that you own. Then, Marga"Rita" (get it Margaret!!) hit on
    Friday. From Thursday to Saturday it rained like you would not believe. The
    wind got up to 95mph. We had a minor tornado during the night on Friday, but
    no serious damage to the house. Just a few trees down and a boat in the
    pasture. Then, it quieted down. Sunday, we found out that we lost our house.
    Someone we know flew over our house and said that it is gone. My aunt had a
    12 year old house which is now completely gone. My grandmaw's home which was
    100ft. from mine is gone. Then, yesterday, someone found a section of my
    grandmaw's house about 4 miles from where it was. And also, my aunt's house
    was found about 8 miles from where it was. It was found on a river bank.
    But, there is still no sign of my house. It's just unbelievable how a house can just disapper, but also, there was a storm surge, and still today there is 11 ft. of water standing. Right now, my mom is on the other puter trying to file with FEMA. They are
    doing alot for the people of Cameron. If you don't know, I'm from Cameron
    Parish, which is where the eye of Rita decided to grace us her presence. So,
    where I live, my high school is now nothing but a roof. My mom's office is
    in a canal. And we are now officially homeless. I will have to go to school
    in a little town about 20 miles from where my school was. We will have to
    live with my aunt and uncle in their house. They live about a quarter of a
    mile away from the school I will be going to. Well, I have to go, but we
    will be going down to Cameron Friday and to my "house" or where it was.
    Everyone take care and I love you all!!! Ross
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Matt, good to hear you are ok and have extended family to live with! Thank God you are not in a shelter like some are. I have been wondering about you, glad you found a computer and communicated. Hope you get good word from FEMA. God be with you! By the way, I am signed up to volunteer somewhere with my church group in early November for a Thurs-Mon. trip. We take supplies and help as needed. I told the group I would be ready to go later as my daughter is recovering from surgery still. God bless you all, Kris

Comment

Matt,

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to lose your house, home and all your possessions. I'm sure it's a very difficult time for you and your family. Stay strong and take comfort in knowing that things can only get better *hugs*

Celia

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Matt,
        I admire your attitude! You sound like a very strong person. If Rita couldn't "get" you, nothing will!!
        If there is anything we up north can do you for, please let us know. One of the main focuses of this site is support for one another. That's what we are here for.
        Take care of yourself and your family.
        Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
        Kathy

Comment

Ross, you have been through so much in your young life . . I am so sorry for that. You are in our prayers and I am glad to hear that you have some family there to stay with. I will also pray that your re-building goes quickly and smoothly. Stay strong.

Comment

Working...
          X