Pain Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain Medicine

I have been on Neuortin and two other drugs for my curvature of my spine which is around 60 degrees. I would loike to get rid of all these drugs and deal with the pain thru something like Rolfing etc... Are alot of the adults on here with severe curves on medications? I would like to know ....

Hi...

Pain medication was the one thing I decided I wouldn't try before my initial surgery, although I did (and still do) take a prescription NSAID. This time around, I do take a narcotic when I have too much pain at bed time.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

A good attitude?
      I haven't got any prescriptions for pain. Never have, probably never will. I hate taking pills. I can barely stand taking my heart medicine.
      The only time I even bother with pills, is when I'm in enough pain to stop me from wanting to move (and even then, if I'm at home I just go to bed...but if I'm at work, and have to keep at it, then I do some pill poppin'!).
      Usually I take extra strength Tylenol, which is about 1,000mg ...and that barely helps. On the bottle it says "for minor aches and pains"... well, in my opinion, if it was "minor", I woulnd't need meds! I tried Excedrin, but that gave me a tummy ache.

Anyhoo... I just deal with it. There are worse things than a back ache! So I think of that, and then realize how lucky I am that I CAN still move and do stuff if I want to. Sometimes I'll joke about needing a wheelchair so I can just sit around all day. Laughter is the best medicine!
      I may be crazy, but it's kept me from goin' insane...

Comment

pain medications

I think aerobic exercise, like a stationary bicycle, helped me to keep the pain level decreased. It helps expand the chest muscles. I also took a anti depressant and it really helped with pain management. Unfortunately, the anti depressant isn't available here in Australia.

Comment

Working...
        X