almost two month check up =^_^=

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost two month check up =^_^=

Well, today was my doctor's appt. Everything is going well. However my doctor is unable to tell at this moment if fusion is actually taking place. Being that my bones are small and the hardware is HUGE compared to them the screws are actually obscuring this. :/ I also had the opportunity to speak to him about the long work hours that I was given for next month. All has worked itself out. He has put me on 8 hour shifts to begin with, at least until december and then he will figure out what to do at that milestone. I am now unable to return to Iraq for another tour of duty this summer. (DARN ) And I'm also unable to run/do push-ups, and sit-ups for a while. (ERK!) Hmm.... Aside from that everything is going good. I am also now able to take motrin for the pain that I'm still experiencing. I'm just fet up with being on narcotics. Also, the burning in the shoulder blade is completely normal. He says, "because we moved ya around in there, things are gonna feel funny as they settle back into place" Hmm.. other than that I don't think anything too exciting happened today. The thing I forgot to address during this appt was the popping noise. Ah, I have another appt in mid November. Hopefully it will go away by that point. (I hope, if not, I'll just have to call his asst.) Thanks for taking the time to read this!
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Glad to hear your appt. went well and your surgeon was able to get your work hours worked out. Keep up the good recovery and take care of yourself!

Comment

Working...
    X