PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Freshman In Highschool and I just found out that I have scoliosis!

cheergurl1420
09-23-2005, 12:15 AM
I got a physical August 15th and they said my spine felt like it had a bump so I got x-rays,about 2 weeks later they said that they wanted me 2 go 2 a bigger hospital 4 it,so 2day I went 2 a scoliosis clinique and the doctor said I had a 24 degree scoliosis and that I have 2 go bak in 3 months and get it checked out again,cuz i'm still growin' and they think It may get worse! If it duz then I'm gonna have 2 wear a bak brace 4 3 years!!!!!!! :( I wanted 2 cum on here and meet sum ppl who have the same medical condition as I do!!!!!! :D

cheergurl1420
09-23-2005, 12:29 AM
I got a physical August 15th and they said my spine felt like it had a bump so I got x-rays,about 2 weeks later they said that they wanted me 2 go 2 a bigger hospital 4 it,so 2day I went 2 a scoliosis clinique and the doctor said I had a 24 degree scoliosis and that I have 2 go bak in 3 months and get it checked out again,cuz i'm still growin' and they think It may get worse! If it duz then I'm gonna have 2 wear a bak brace 4 3 years!!!!!!! :( I wanted 2 cum on here and meet sum ppl who have the same medical condition as I do!!!!!! :D

and also duz anyone ever have a pain in their bak where it feels like it needs 2 pop all the time but most of that time it won't? I do I hate it,and my right shoulder is always up higher than my left,and I slouch w/out even noticing!

flowerpower
09-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I had to wear a brace from 7th to about 10/11th grade 23/7, then part time til I was about 17. My son has scoliosis, also possibly my daughter-she will see her dr. next week. What type of brace will you have?

Renee

cheergurl1420
09-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi,

I had to wear a brace from 7th to about 10/11th grade 23/7, then part time til I was about 17. My son has scoliosis, also possibly my daughter-she will see her dr. next week. What type of brace will you have?

Renee

um...I dunno wut kinda brace, I don't even know wut kind there is.

flowerpower
09-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh, well hopefully you won't have to. Wish you the best -

Renee

ScolioGirl
09-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey there. Another good forum that has tons of kids is www.spinekids.com/boards (http://www.spinekids.com) ... check it out! Good luck

cheergurl1420
09-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey there. Another good forum that has tons of kids is www.spinekids.com/boards (http://www.spinekids.com) ... check it out! Good luck

Thanx Renee and Kari!

violinprincess3
09-27-2005, 05:42 PM
hi my name's marlana. i'm a sophomore in high school, but found out about my scoliosis the summer before 5th grade. i wore a back brace for about a year and had spinal fusion the summer before 7th grade. i don't remember the degrees of my curves but i have an s-curve and they were like 60 and 30 degrees before my surgery, and i think they reduced the top curve to 20. if you wanna talk or have any questions, just let me know. i was lucky because i didnt have pain from my scoliosis until after the surgery. i hope you dont have to wear the brace. one of my friends sisters had scoliosis and it fixed itself so maybe that will happen to you

cheergurl1420
10-27-2005, 07:10 PM
hi my name's marlana. i'm a sophomore in high school, but found out about my scoliosis the summer before 5th grade. i wore a back brace for about a year and had spinal fusion the summer before 7th grade. i don't remember the degrees of my curves but i have an s-curve and they were like 60 and 30 degrees before my surgery, and i think they reduced the top curve to 20. if you wanna talk or have any questions, just let me know. i was lucky because i didnt have pain from my scoliosis until after the surgery. i hope you dont have to wear the brace. one of my friends sisters had scoliosis and it fixed itself so maybe that will happen to you

Thanx Marlana!

cowgirl87
11-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi! I am 17 and i wore a brace from the time i was 7 till i was 15...I really didnt mind it at all. if u get a boston brace, they are really low profile and u cant even see them under ur clothes (unless the clothes are tight) u could probably wear a skirt and sweater and no one would even notice! i hope u dont have to get one, but i really didnt have a hard time with the brace. lots of kids dont have to wear one full time either . talk to ur doc and the orthosis people too. they can help! :cool:

Leiryn
11-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Good luck! :)

cheergurl1420
01-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanx every1, I haven't been bak 2 the clinic, this will be my 4th month that I've not gone back, I'm supposed 2 go every 3 months but I had 2 reschedual, and I go bak next thursday!!!! I'm kinda nervous!!! lol well if u wanna talk or just wanna be friends or just say hi or w/e e-mail me at jay_luh@hotmail.com or cheergurl1420@aim.com bye!