Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sitting/bending on the ground a year after surgery? Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting/bending on the ground a year after surgery? Possible?

Hello. I'm a 13-year-old girl, and I've had two spine fusions for severe scoliosis (the first one I had when I was 11 was unsuccessful). It has been almost 14 months since my last surgery. I am now fused down to L4.

I am able to sit on the ground now, but I'm not sure if doing so is harmful to my back in any way (I do it daily). It's not painful for me to sit on the ground, but that might not necessarily mean that it won't potentially hurt my back. I must say that I am somewhat paranoid, and am extremely cautious about my back (because I do not want to have something go wrong and get another surgery).

What do you think? Also, what types of physical activity have you been able to do (please note how long it's been since your surgery)?

Thanks soo much! ♥
    Last edited by punkette; 09-21-2005, 11:22 PM.

My 14 y.o. daughter is 9 months post-op and sits on the floor/ground as well. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

As for what she can/cannot do, there is very little she can't do. She is still under the following restrictions until at least 1 year post-op--No rollercoaster, no amusement parks, no riding our 4-wheeler and no hunting. She is taking regular gym class without restrictions and pretty much back to her normal life. Jamie is fused from T3-L2.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
    X