Can't stop itching!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stop itching!!

Hi, I wear a Boston brace 23 hours a day! When ever i wear it, i itch like crazy!!! When i take off the brace i have a rash (red dots everywere) But i cant stand the itching!! After a while it starts to really hurt and i have to take off the brace. But i can't keep on taking it off!! (I put alchohol on whenever i take it off but it doesn't seem to help) What should i do? Helllp!!
    Thanx,
    Temima
    Temima

13 years old

wears a boston brace 23/7

has 17 and 23 degree curves
    11 and 8 degree curves w/ brace

Temima
    My Daughter Nicole Is In A Boston Brace And The Same Thing Happens To Her . Try Not To Itch. When You Take The Brace Off Rub Yourself With The Alchohol A Few Times Keep It Off For 1/2 Hour While Its Off Wash Your Brace Daily. If Its Hot Change Your T Shirt. Soon Your Body Will Get Use To It. Make Sure You Pull The T- Shirt Down So You Have No Wrinkles Under The Brace.
    Hope This Help
    Theresa
    THERESA

Comment

My daughter also had rashes. We tried Zyrtec as well as what nicole's mom suggested. This really improved her skin condition

Comment

Hi
        My daughter finds a cooling aftersun works. She gets a similar rash when she is hot.

Comment

Hi there
          If you get very sweaty in your brace you could be reacting to that. Maybe you could try a non-perfumed talcum powder. Stick with it.

Lorrie

Comment

Fungus is not fungus!

[FONT=Verdana]]]Hello I just want to say this has happened to me too. Though what I learned was that it was a fungal infection. Thr dermatologist told me to use Lotrmin AF and Zeasorb Af. Lotrimin treats fungus stuff and it is a cream (use for two weeks), Zeasorb reduces the sweat and saves you from the pain (use whenever needed). Both can be got over the counter at any pharmacy, but you might have to ask for the Zeasob because it usually is on the shelf behind the counter! I also ditched the coolmax stuff I was given with my boston brace and cotton t-shirts, and got under armour (the kind for under sports equipment from online). When I didn't have fungus I used baby powder. I might also say that the rash might be a pressure wound if it is pink and scaly, i put neosporin on one of those and it helped alot.

Hope this helps!

Best luk Hope
            wazzup

Comment

Fungus is not fungus!

[FONT=Verdana]]Hello I just want to say this has happened to me too. Though what I learned was that it was a fungal infection. Thr dermatologist told me to use Lotrmin AF and Zeasorb Af. Lotrimin treats fungus stuff and it is a cream (use for two weeks), Zeasorb reduces the sweat and saves you from the pain (use whenever needed). Both can be got over the counter at any pharmacy, but you might have to ask for the Zeasob because it usually is on the shelf behind the counter! I also ditched the coolmax stuff I was given with my boston brace and cotton t-shirts, and got under armour (the kind for under sports equipment from online). When I didn't have fungus I used baby powder. I might also say that the rash might be a pressure wound if it is pink and scaly, i put neosporin on one of those and it helped alot.

Hope this helps!

Best luk Hope
              wazzup

Comment

Working...
              X