Percocet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percocet?

Hi guys, I'm taking percocet 7.5mg for my pain, and I've been told by my doctor that it's ok. Just today, he left me a refill for 45 pills and left me a note saying to take them as needed for my pain. I know that we're not supposed to take pain killers 10 days before surgery, so I'm a little curious as to why taking these are ok. I wouldn't take 'em if I didn't need 'em, but I'm a tad nervous... Something I did notice today was that instead of writing the script for 7.5/500, he wrote it for 7.5/325... I read it up online, and it turns out that one's lower in Tylenol... what does that mean? I have my pre admission test on Monday, and I'd hate for them to disqualify me because of pain killers in my system... I apologize for being a bother, but I just have to know, so if anyone out there knows anything, please help out... thanks
    27 Years Old
    Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
    Post Surgery: 15 degrees
    www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

Hi monie,

You need to be careful with NSAIDs, both before, and for about 6 months after surgery. The most common NSAIDs go by the brand and generic names aspirin, motrin, advil, ibuprophen, nuprin, naproxen, bayer, excedrin, bextra, vioxx, and so on. Anything containing a narcotic, like codeine, or hydrocodone, percocet, etc. combined with tylenol or acetaminophen is safe for you, both before and after surgery, although I am sure you are aware the narcotics are addictive, and can cause constipation, especially after surgery. You need your pain killers, but you must not forget your fiber, fruits and veggies to keep you regular.

Best of luck!!!
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Working...
    X