Gabapentin (neurontin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabapentin (neurontin)

I've just been prescribed this to try to treat my breathing spasms which the medics now think are down to nerve damage during my November surgery. I'm rather nervous about taking it because I need to be alert in the mornings for my work - can't be dozy giving therapy sessions! Has anyone had experience of this drug and what it's like in terms of side effects etc?

Lavinia

in theory can have many side effects (like so many drugs) but in practice most tolerate this drug very well, and it can be very helpful, so worth trying

Best is to start off on a very low dose (officially 300 mg, but 100 mg tablets are available) and build up slowly if well tollerated

hope this helps

gerbo

Comment

Thanks, yes it does, particularly useful to know about the 100 mg tabs,

Lavinia

Comment

i started on neurontin last october to relieve severe nerve pain in my left leg and elsewhere...worked like a charm, and i've had no side effects that i can think of; it certainly doesn't make me sleepy! i started out with 300 mg. capsules, but i started out with a very small dose and worked my way up until the pain was relieved. it was very effective and such a relief! good luck!
        Sue

Milwaukee Brace from ages 8 - 16
        T36 degrees/L56 degrees Pre-Op
        Fused T3 - S1
        Surgery done Sept. 15, 2004
        Dr. Robert G. Viere
        North Texas Spine Care @ Baylor

Comment

Working...
        X