• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi im 9 and i got diagonosed

with scoliosis today.....
    im really scared and woundering what will happen next
    Im now going on a waiting list to go see a orthapedic surgeon
    i live in new zealand

Hi Melz! Don't be scared! While Scoliosis is a big deal, you mostly watch it and then see what happens. Lots of Xrays and Doctors appointments where people look at your back and take pictures of it; lots of questions from your mom and dad to the doctors; but for you for now, just hang in there and let them look away! Xrays and back exams don't hurt one bit!

I am sure your mom and dad are scared right now too and all of you will feel better when you have a chance to meet your orthopaedic doctor. Until then, know that you are in GOOD company! The kids we have met with scoliosis are the nicest kids ever! My son is 16 and has scoliosis and kyphosis . . .he was first diagnosed at 13. He was scared and mad at first, but now he just accepts that his scoliosis is a part of him. . makes him an even more interesting boy!

Don't be scared! Write again!

Comment

hey melz! im jaymee, im 12 years old welcome welcome! dont be scared! having scoliosis is fun! if u want to talk to people more your age then u should go to spinekids.com! its awesome there!

Comment

Hi Suzy

it is ok to be scared. i was 9 when they told me i had scoliosis. the best thing i can think to tell you is get a good back rub! read all you can, the more you know the less scary, and come here, make friends- some that you can relate-relate with, if you say i hurt or im scared or what ever they will know how you feel with out you having to try and explain 'what you mean'. Im sure you are going to do great! and your mom& dad can come with you so you wont be alone. (x-rays are cool to look at!! i think so anyway!) you are brave for finding and posting so soon, my "she"ro!

munchkin
        "I don't want to be around anyone MAD,' Alice said.
        <[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"But OH!," grinned the cat, "you see for we ARE ALL MAD here!!!" [HTML]>

Comment

Working...
        X