Question about neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about neck

Hello, I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was around 6, I wore the boston brace and the milwalkee each for about 3 years. Finally when I was 12 I had the Harrington rod op, I have a curve on top and bottom. My question now is, my "hump" is on my right shoulder, I have recently noticed in the front of left side of my neck near the shoulder there is a lump. I only notice it when I push my left shoulder back all of the way. It feels as though it is a muscle, but I am not sure. Having this for 26 years I have noticed more lumps than I could ever mention, but this one has got me wondering if it is a normal part of the scoliosis. Please let me know if anyone else has anything like this. I am worried and it will take a good 2 months to make an appointment. Thank you.

Thanks a lot for answering, I found out that it was my trapezius muscle. This forum has been really helpful. I guess if I have any questions about my breasts being different sizes I will have no problem getting an answer.

Comment

Sorry you didn't get an answer Debbie, I can tell you that I don't know exactly what youre talking about and maybe noone here knows as well I know it is frustrating when nobody answers your post since about 80% of my posts aren't , LOL Especially when I try to help out some folks with easy problems to solve or when I finally meet a person from my city(Montreal) that is seeing the same ortho as me but doesn't bother replying, I know we all are busy and sometimes in pain and don't feel like replying, but sometimes common courtesy is appreciated.

Thanks for venting, it sure helped me as well. As far as your problem goes, I'm glad you got an answer and it isn't too serious.
      Last edited by sweetness514; 09-24-2005, 02:06 PM.
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
      X