Megan's 6 week post op check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan's 6 week post op check

Hello all. Just wanted to share with you how Megs 6 weeks post op went.
    Our appt went great!!!!! Megs spine looks awesome! However, on the ride to the docs office, Megan decided to throw up all over her pretty dress and car seat and YUCKO it was an awful mess. We pulled over and Thank God I had a thing of baby wipes with me. Got it cleaned up the best I could got her dress defunked the best I could and then went forward to the appt. I am hoping she hasn't caught a bug, as when we got home she had a BAD seizure too. She is doing ok now, just very tired still, that is probably from the seizure. Anyhoo, on a better note, our ortho said that things are getting under way for the new pedi rehab center (for those of you who aren't aware they are opening a new pedi rehab center and it is being named after Megan), he said they are going to start talking about decor and the name of it that we want and he will call us in a few months or weeks and we will sit down and put our input on what we want. Megan loves butterflies, so I am hoping something somewhere with butterflies. The name I think is going to be The Megan Sheppard Pediatric Rehabilitation Center ( we will finalize it all for sure here soon) I am getting really excited, my own little movie star. I am hoping they will have a ribbon cutting ceremony and the paper and local news, that would be so cool. She will be signing autographs real soon. LOL
    Well guess that sums up the day.....Oh yeah, I have been potty training the little animal Jacob, he will be 3 next month and he is doing great as far as pee pee, now the poo poo is a different story, he is petrified to poo on the potty, so he will poo in his scooby doo undies and then say mommy I have to go poo poo on the potty. But that to shall come. Well love you all and love to all your little kiddos.
    Meg is still a little puny today and sleeping a lot, and the little guy woke up with a fever and cough. ARGH, it is tooooo early for all this stuff to start.
    Well love to all of you and your kiddos.
    Tracy
    Wife to Scott, the most incredible man God put on this earth, Mom to Joshua who is 16 1/2, Megan who is 11 with CP, seizure disorder, sleep apnea, coritcal visual impairment, non mobile, non verbal, and scoliosis, but the GREATEST blessing we could of ever hoped for,who had posterior spinal fusion surgery on July 19th, 2005, fused from neck to bottom and has the titanium union rod wired in place. and Jacob 3yrs.....Can't forget our16 mos old golden lab puppy, Molly.....

Glad to hear Megan is doing so well - and how cool to have a building named after her! How did that come about? Hope she continues to make progress. As for your little ones potty issue, it has been a while since I have dealt with that but maybe a little treat or some other reward if he actually poops in the potty may get results??? Best wishes to you all -

Renee

Comment

Working...
    X