help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!

I wish i could have a positive attitude about scoliosis, but i really don't. I hate my scoliosis and everything about it. The fact that I look completely deformed and the it makes me have to worry about what to wear and it makes me feel self concious. And the constant pain even from just doing the simplest of things, like washing the dishes can bring on pain, or bending over the table doing work for too long and the way in which it takes a long time just to get comfortable in bed. I wish I could be more postitive about scoliosis because I knw i can't change it but I can't help it, it's all i see when i look in the mirror. Help! how can i have a positive additude???

hi! ok i know exactly what your going through! my name is briann and i was diagnosed in feb. i used to constantly look in the mirror saying to myself "why do i have to look like a deformed freak!?" i have a pretty big rib hump so it's definitely noticeable compared to the left side of my body. and wearing a brace 23/7 a day really did not make matters better! i felt fat and self consious all day at school and at other places. But suprisingly, i now love my scoliosis! oh my gosh it has made me such a stronger person and now makes me feel special! i got this positive attitude from a wounderful website called spinekids.com. there are soooo many girls and guys there that give so much advice! all the girls talked to me and answered my questions, and actually made me feel normal for once! now im proud of my scoliosis, and wouldnt trade it for the world!! please visit there! i would still be hating my scoliosis if it wasnt for spinekids! that is all the advice i have for you, because thats where i got my positive attitude about scoliosis from!
    i wish you luck, and trust me, things can only get better from here!
    §BrIaNn§

Comment

Yeah, i think what you need is support from girls just like you. I found spinekids about a year ago and it really helped!! Your scoliosis is a part of you, and you can't change it. You have to learn to live with it. Just because your spine is curved more then others doesn't make you ugly or deformed. You have the strength in you, over time it will get easier!

http://www.spinekids.com

Comment

rincotato

I feel for you. You should look into the spinecor brace to help your pain. It solved my son's terrible scoliosis pain problems after everything else failed.
        sharondunn@rogers.com

Comment

Working...
        X