My Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Blog

Well guys, it's three weeks till D-day, so I figured I'd start my blog too... I'm going to have 'everything' documented! Anyway, I just started, so there's not too much on it yet... keep reading guys, ok?

http://bentoutofshape.blogspot.com/
    27 Years Old
    Pre Surgery: 76 and 68 degrees
    Post Surgery: 15 degrees
    www.bentoutofshape.blogspot.com

sixteen more days... sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just freaking silently...
    27 Years Old

Comment

I like your blog, very calming and funny.

I would eat and take iron supplements if I were you though, I did both and still was anemic after my operation, and it slowed my recuperation a lot.

Sorry for the lecture, hehe

Like your taste in music
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

autologous blood donations

Hi Monie,
        I also had some problems donating my own blood. My hematocrit was 36, but they disqualified me because I had some mild acne. I postponed my surgery date so I could try to donate again after clearing up the acne. I hope to be able to donate four units, if not I'll have to go with the pool blood. My surgery has been rescheduled to November 15th.
        Lindabar

Comment

Hey guys, thank you so much for reading my blog... I did start taking iron supplements that very day. (My mom had me drive her to the nearest CVS later that night)... I can't postpone my surgery because my mom is leaving the country middle of next month, and I need her around for a bit... can I ask why acne would affect you banking your blood? (I don't mean to be so forward, I'm just curious... I hope you don't mind)... and thanks to everyone who's been reading my blog...you wouldn't believe how much that means to me.
          27 Years Old

Comment

Monie, if you don't mind me asking, what is or are the size(s) of you curve(s)?
            35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
            Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
            Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
            Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
            Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Oh, I don't mind at all! My top curve is 82 degrees, and the bottom is 67 degrees... they're estimating that the top will be reduced to 50degrees, and the bottom to 20... he did say there is a possibility of the top curve being reduced more... those are just numbers right now
              27 Years Old

Comment

autologous blood donations

It was the strangest thing. I was talking to the nurse at the Australian red cross about my two surgery dates a week apart and she didn't know how to enter the two dates in the computer, so she called the doctor in. The doctor says "she's disqualified anyway because she has acne." I only had a few bumps on my cheeks but the doctor said that the unit collected could have bacteria in it that would multiply while the unit was in storage. I thought this was ridiculous and I said "you're not drawing the blood from my face". This annoyed the doctor and she proceeded to tell me how safe the donor blood is. I found out from one of my doctor's patients that there are private blood collection facilities here in Australia, so I decided to have my blood collected elsewhere. I really believe the doctor was trying to discourage me because they only had one field for the surgery date in the computer! I have heard that the AUstralian Red Cross does not like to do autologous and they refuse to do directed donations (donating for a friend or family member).
                Another thing,when I was in the US I had to beg doctors to give me codeine for pain and they would only give me 10 or 15 at a time. Here they sell codeine over the counter! I never became addicted to it, I rarely use it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X