Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiating Neck & Shoulder pain?

Hi,
    Was wondering if any of you experience burning neck and radiating shoulder pain? This started a few weeks ago on me, and at first I just thought I had sore muscles or slept the wrong way. But no amount of stretching and rubbing helps. It's really painful. This constant nagging pain radiates down my upper arm.

Any clue of whether or not this could be scoliosis related? I haven't done anything to trigger this (like fall or have an accident). It came on all of a sudden. I called my primary care doctor and the secretary said she'll try to get me in tomorrow.

My appointment with the orthopedic surgeon's nurse practitioner isn't until next week. I tried to get an earlier appointment, but no luck. So, hopefully my primary care doc. can see me and do something. This is so frustrating.
    ~Donna

I am in constant pain where my shoulders and neck is concerned, and sometimes when I over do it it radiates to my arm, and fingers. Mine is more like a pinching nerve sensation. I had this tye of pain before the surgery and still have it now. I take care of some of it by getting acupuncture treatments, icing the area, massaging, and resting. PT exercises did help at some point too.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
    X