sc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc

hi, just wanted to know, and hear from people who also have pain that feels more like tension because of their scoliosis. I have scoliosis, i have a double major curve and my spine is also twisted a bit. I get 'pain' that feels like tension around my right scapula and under it, anyone get that? I think its because of muslces being over stretched because of the curve and muscles over working to try and manage the curvature of the spine. well anyway just wanted to hear from people who understand what I'm saying. Isn't that tension 'pain' annoying, because it's not like you're actually tense about anything thats going on in your life but your back just feels really tense and if you stretch it out it can hurt and it also makes me feel uncomfortable when i first lie down in bed. Anyone else understand???thanks -x-

Hi

I totally get what you mean, it makes your whole back and neck feel like that, mines through the muscles that are pushed to one side it makes my whole back feel uncomfortable, and it never eases up.
    Im hoping if i have to have surgery that it will change that.

Good Luck

Comment

I also have a double curve (T63-L74) and know what you mean about tension. My lower curve feels like the bow of an arrow being bent as far as it can be. I cannot sit comfortably for long as it pokes into my ribs. At times it causes muscle spasms which I work out with rubs, massages, etc. It is really annoying. I used to do office work but no longer could because of it; then did bakery work but that ruined my SI joint and now I can't work at all. I'm thinking of surgery but have a HMO and it's hard to get a referral.

Deb

Comment

It's ever-present, this pain you speak of. I get it under my right shoulder blade and/or my left lumbar. It sucks. I notice it goes away only once in a great while, and I act all giddy in response... But it returns soon enough.
        I'm with ya.

-BaDnOn

Comment

Working...
        X