scoliosis and osteoporosis/osteopenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scoliosis and osteoporosis/osteopenia

Has anyone heard of a connection between scoliosis and osteopenia? My bone density analysis shows that although my hip (femur study) is in the normal range, I have deteriorating osteopenia in my lumbar spine.

Hi...

You can do a search for published papers on the topic here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hi there. had you had a previous infection? there are correlations with spinal i n fections and inflamtory bowel problems. sets. us up for ostopenia,

Comment

Hi...

I've never heard that there is any correlation between scoliosis and inflammatory bowel disease. Can you tell me where you got that info?

Thanks.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X