Been Paralyzed From Surgery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Paralyzed From Surgery!!

OMG!...i just dont know where to start...SO many things have happened..i dont have the strngth anymore, God just plz give me strngth my story is SO long...but i have recently had surgery and BEEN PARALYZED from the WASTE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg omg omg plz sum1..i dont know whta to do...doctor said there is less thn 1% of ANY feeling returning and itz cuz of nerve damage..they tried physio but hasnt helped a bit omg....all that pain...for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, I am really sorry that this has happened to you!!!! You will need to reach deep down inside you and find the strength and will power to continue working as hard as you can. I know it's going to be real tough to do but, you can't give up. I know someone who was in a really bad car accident years ago. A semi hit her car. Her throat was cut open from ear to ear and her neck was broken among many other things. She became a quadraplegic, couldn't use her hands, legs, and feet. The doctor's said that she would always be in a wheel chair. She worked real hard and was finally able to use a walker. There's always a chance that the doctor is wrong also. Pray to whoever you pray to and I will too!!!!!
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Bill,

My heart goes out to you. You need lots of support right now - I hope you are getting it. In July my daughter went in for scoliosis surgery and after cutting her but before instrumentation she lost movement in her legs - left came back right away and the right is still returning. We measure progress by weeks not days - this is what our neurologist told us. Speaking of neuros, our orthopedic says to us that surgeons are optimists otherwise they could not do what they do and that neuros are pessimists - they see the bad stuff. We had one neuro tell us upon examining Sarah that her foot would never come back. Well what was a 0 is now a 2. Patience is needed - dig deep, find those skills you have learned thus far and let them help you through. Attitude makes a difference. In the rehab hospital the doctors, Sarah, my husband and I talked alot about willing it to move. Because it takes reformulating the nerve pathways. So there is much wisdom behind the saying - where there is a will there is a way. Use the gift of your mind and spirit to help heal you. It can do amazing things. Keep up the wonderful work and rely on those around you for support. Be your own advocate. You are in my prayers.

Anne

Comment

Bill,

It must be very difficult for you right now, but don't give up hope. My daughter Brittany (13 yrs old) had surgery 1 month ago. While your situation is obviously more serious, she sustained some degree of nerve damage which affected her left leg. In the beginning she could barely move it, but she has been slowly improving ever since (key word, improving).

Would you mind sharing a few more details? How long ago was your surgery? Can you move any part of your legs, knees, feet or toes? Did the surgical team complete the operation? When did you/they learn that there was a nerve complication?

May God give you the strength to get through this! Our family will pray for you.

Eldon

Scoli Dad from Nevada, USA
        Daughter Brittany's surgery 26 July
        Posterior Spinal Fusion T3-L1

Comment

Words fail me. I am so very very sorry for what you are having to go through. I will keep you firmly in my thoughts and prayers!

Comment

I can only echo what everyone else has been saying. My heart goes out to you!

Keep your faith alive and don't lose it.

Wishes

Leia
            xx

Comment

I am so sorry you are going thru this right now. I have no words to heal your inner pain. Just know that we are here for you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you the strength and inner peace to get thru this most difficult time in your life.
              Love and Hugs
              Tracy
              Wife to Scott, the most incredible man God put on this earth, Mom to Joshua who is 16 1/2, Megan who is 11 with CP, seizure disorder, sleep apnea, coritcal visual impairment, non mobile, non verbal, and scoliosis, but the GREATEST blessing we could of ever hoped for,who had posterior spinal fusion surgery on July 19th, 2005, fused from neck to bottom and has the titanium union rod wired in place. and Jacob 3yrs.....Can't forget our16 mos old golden lab puppy, Molly.....

Comment

my thoughts r with u

[OMG!...i just dont know where to start...SO many things have happened..i dont have the strngth anymore, God just plz give me strngth my story is SO long...but i have recently had surgery and BEEN PARALYZED from the WASTE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg omg omg plz sum1..i dont know whta to do...doctor said there is less thn 1% of ANY feeling returning and itz cuz of nerve damage..they tried physio but hasnt helped a bit omg....all that pain...for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]QUOTE=billz45] Bill what kind of surgery did u had? ,cuz i am thinking about getting the baclofen pump ,i m an stroke survivor ,yeah i know things are hard ,hang in there have faith in god ,and he will carry u in these ,tribulation ,bill dont give up and keep your head up my friend feel free to email me any time ,your friend
                LUIS

Comment

Bill,
                  My heart goes out to you. I see it has been a few months since you posted your message. I am praying you are getting better everyday. Please let us know if you are making progress. You're in my prayers,
                  LeaEvelyn

Comment

Hello Bill,

I know that words can't really assuage the fear and disbelief you are having at this point in time, but I'd like to as least offer my experience. In 1997 I had three surgeries to correct a severe kyphoscoliosis, the second one paralyzed me after the Staph bacteria got into my spinal system. That was one of the worst days in my life (the others also revolve around my back problems). They were able to clean it out and I slowly regained the use of my legs.

I am not sure of the specific of your situation, but I would like you to know that you need to stay strong. It's easy to give up and very tempting, however fighting through this obstacle and searching out possible solutions from other physicians is so much more rewarding to both yourself and those around you.

Let me know if you want to talk or just need someone to vent on.

Comment

Bill, I have been looking for a message from you for a long time. I am also worried about you! Please leave us an update! Kris

Comment

Working...
                      X