Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Question

Hi,

If I have a thoracic curve of 42 which muscles of my back are the weakest the ones to where the curve goes or the other side

Thanks
    sammuts

My curve is not nearly as far to the left or right..only 15 degress. I have more of a kyphoscoliosis, about 50 degress bent forward. Recently went to physical therapy and was told to picture the muscles running up each side of your spine. If you curve to the right, as I do, the muscle on the left are being stretched to the right with the curve and those on the right are being compressed. As part of my daily stretches I now add a good minute or two of raising my right arm above my head and gradually bending and stretching to the left to stretch those compressed muscles. Works well, just dont stretch to far to fast, might pull those muscles since they havent been worked hard in a while. Hope this helps.

Comment

Sammuts

The muscles that are being weakened are going to be on the convex side of the curve, not on the inner part of the curve, but the outer part. Now the only real way to exercise these muscles, which are attached to the vertebrae themselves, would be with Russian stim or muscle stim, but I would advise having some sort of muscle testing or a surface emg performed, in order to find out precise placement of pads. You wouldnt want to just start randomly placing them on your back, you could really make matters worse.

Nathan

Comment

Working...
      X