Here we go - at least, maybe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go - at least, maybe!

Pre-op went well. Genevieve will only have the one op - posterior - and not two as we'd feared. Surgeon reckons he'll get a good correction though not totally straight.
    The big bombshell is that she may well have surgery on Monday. we came home on Friday and they called today and asked us to come back tomorrow!
    Someone else is actually scheduled to have surgery on Monday but would need an intensive care bed afterwards that they don't expect to have available (Geeve apparently would be expected to go straight back to the ward). If that's the case they'd do Geeve instead. So we go intomorrow all set for surgery and we won't know for sure till Monday morning whether she's going tot heatre or going home.
    You can imagine the state i'm in and my husband is away and won't be home till Tuesday night.
    Prayers would be greatly appreciated. i don't think I can do this on my own. My mum is here but she's not good at hospitals so a friend has volunteered to come and wait with me on Monday. i'm just so scared and I wish Jan (husband) was here.
    Lorrie

Oooh I can't begin to imagine the emotions running through your head right now. I hope everything goes ok, I send you lots of good wishes, vibes and a biiiiggg hug

Lorrie if you weren't absolutely scared, you wouldn't be a mummy :-). It's a completley normal human reaction, and I can't begin to imagin what it feels like to be the Mummy watching your child go in for surgery.

I know it's scary but you can do it Lorrie, I know you can, I have faith in you

Best wishes

Alison
    Last edited by Alison; 08-21-2005, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Praying that Genevieve (love that name!) has an uneventful surgery and recovery. I imagine it can be quite a shock to realize it may happen so fast, but once it is over I'm sure you will feel such a sense of relief! This waiting period is definitely the hardest but remember, you have lots of support and prayers coming your way.

Renee

Comment

Lorrie
        Glad To Hear Pre-op Went Well.
        You And Genevieve Will Be In My Prayers.
        Your Almost There. Once The Surgery Is Over And Your Home With Your Baby You Will Be On The Road To Recovery.
        Hang In There.
        Try To Get A Good Night Of Sleep And Take Care Of Yourself.
        Keep Us Posted
        Theresa
        THERESA

Comment

Working...
        X