Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-op on Thursday - just feeling scared

Hi folks
    Genevieve is going for her pre-op assessment on Thursday and I'm just having a bit of a 'mummy-turn'. I just feel so sad that she's got to go through all of this - as if her cerebral palsy wasn't enough.
    My husband's going off to Switzerland for a week tomorrow and G's twin is currently in Scotland so there's just going to be me and G at home for it. I'm feeling very inadequate.
    At least it's a hospital and ward we've been on before so we do know a fair number of the nurses. They tell me we'll have to stay overnight on Thursday - not sure why. We should find out whether G's going to need anterior as well as posterior surgery and that's scary to think about.
    Maybe we'll even get a date for surgery!!
    I'm trying to be positive but I just want to cry at the moment.

Lorrie

Lorrie try hang in there. I know how hard and scary this is. I just found out yesterday that my 14 year old daughter will need surgery to correct a 75 degree kyphotic curvature. I have been told that it will require anterior and posterior fusion as well. We see our surgeon on 9/23.

Try not to focus on the what "if's" and deal with what you are sure will be taking place. You are a great mom if you have been able to love, support and care for her to this point and you will be more then adequate to care for her during this upcoming time as well.

I know, as a mom you want to protect your child from discomfort and scary things and when you can not, it makes us feel inadequate. It is very difficult. Please keep me posted and I will keep you and your little one in my prayers.....Lisa

Comment

Hi,

Just wanted to sent best wishes & prayers to you and your daughter. I totally understand your anxiety. My son is scheduled for surgery in December and I am already feeling those butterflies. Like you said though, at least you know some of the nurses already, which I'm sure will be a big help. Please keep us posted on how things go. Sending "cyber" hugs and pats on the back -

Renee

Comment

hey lorrie
        In my thoughts and prayers your going to get throught this the feelings your having are normal. I remember with nicole how I felt helpless. Genevieve will be fine.
        LOT OF HUGS TO YOU
        THERESA
        THERESA

Comment

Lorrie, God be with you. Kris

Comment

I'm in a similar situation but I'm the child! My pre op assessment is 2moro aswell. I'm 19 but I still need my mum!

My stomach has been doing flips all day, I was starting to wonder whether I was being abit mellow dramatic but I'm glad to know someone else feels the same.

You didn't say how old your daughter is!?

Good luck for 2moro! x

Comment

Thanks for all the good wishes & prayers folks - it does help to know there are people who understand out there rooting for us.
              Helen - Genevieve is seventeen and a half but her understanding is a good bit less than that. Lots of luck to you as well!
              Lorrie

Comment

Well, I wish you both all the best of luck and let me know how you get on. My thoughts are with you!

Comment

Lorrie,
                  I know so how you feel. My Meggie is 4 weeks post op now. She had total posterior spinal fusion with instrumentation. My Meggie has CP also....She did AWESOME!!!! I am just amazed. I just posted a pic of her in her pony walker. She is doing so good. If you ever want to chat just send me an e-mail. Sending prayers and mommy hugs to you for your mommy heart.
                  Tracy
                  Wife to Scott, the most incredible man God put on this earth, Mom to Joshua who is 16 1/2, Megan who is 11 with CP, seizure disorder, sleep apnea, coritcal visual impairment, non mobile, non verbal, and scoliosis, but the GREATEST blessing we could of ever hoped for,who had posterior spinal fusion surgery on July 19th, 2005, fused from neck to bottom and has the titanium union rod wired in place. and Jacob 3yrs.....Can't forget our16 mos old golden lab puppy, Molly.....

Comment

Working...
                  X