new here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here!

Hey! I"m new here and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Leelee and I'm 15 years old. I wore a boston brace for 4 years. I quit wearing it three months ago on june 8th because I stopped growing. Umm Lets see I have an upper curve of 38 and a lower of 41. Surgery may be a possibility in the future, it depends on how my curves do. I also post on another forum called spinekids, and it's really awesome! Ummm I think that's all I can think of about myself. Oh except for the fact that I love the band no doubt. I wouldn't want that to go unmentioned! anyways I hope everyone has a good day!
    ~Leelee ♪
    [-] 17 years old
    _[-] 12th grade
    [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
    _[-] kyphosis, 67*
    [-] Boston brace for 4 years
    _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Welcome Leelee! I'm Lauren and I post on spinekids as well. Hope you like it here!
    ~*Lauren*~
    Braced for 5 months
    Decided on surgery with 65 and 54 degree curves
    Pre-op curve measurements were in the 70's and 80's
    Surgery on April 26th 2005
    Fused from T3-L4
    Post-op curve is 15 degrees

Comment

Your results sound great

Please keep me posted an sent your phone #. I have unlimited calling anywhere in U.S. please write back or call. I would love to find out your doctor. Your curves are just about exactly the same as mine. Sounds like you got great results. i would be interested in finding out your doctors. Pam

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think this is!? I am NOT giving you or anyone else my phone number nor am I going to call you! What the hell do you take me for?

P.S. My curves aren't the same as you. The doctor told me the wrong number
        ~Leelee ♪
        [-] 17 years old
        _[-] 12th grade
        [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
        _[-] kyphosis, 67*
        [-] Boston brace for 4 years
        _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Comment

Leelee,

Calm down. I hope Pam didn't mean anything bad when she asked for your phone number. We are all here for support and none of us want anything bad to happen to our members. I know on Spinekids since it is mostly kids, they don't allow the exchange of e-mail addresses, phone numbers, addresses, etc. but since most of us are adults on this site, it is allowed and we have exchanged info. many times. I must congratulate you Leelee, for a young lady, you sure have your head on straight!!! Your response was exactly correct---say no and run the other way! You should NEVER give your personal info. to anyone on the internet.

Pam,

Please don't take offense to Leelee's response. We all know there are weird people out there just trying to do inappropriate things to our kids and the internet is an easy way for them to contact kids. Feel free to ask Leelee questions about her doctors, her numbers and things like that right here on the forum.

Mary Lou

Comment

Surgery is NOT the only option!

Summer,
            You don't have to have surgery. Surgery isn't the only option. If you log onto www.scoliosisrehab.com and there is physical theripy that works! I was diagnosed with a 50 degree thorasic and 40 lumbar and in my new brace(I used to wear a Boston) my curves are 27 and 28. At first surgery was the only option but now with the therapy and brace, my doctor says that if I keep it up, I will never have to have surgery! The people at the site also can help adults with scoliosis. Hope this helps!
            Silverpaw(scoliosismom's 11 yrold daughter)

Comment

Surgery may not be the only option!

Originally posted by scoliosismom
              Summer,
              You don't have to have surgery. Surgery isn't the only option. If you log onto www.scoliosisrehab.com and there is physical theripy that works! I was diagnosed with a 50 degree thorasic and 40 lumbar and in my new brace(I used to wear a Boston) my curves are 27 and 28. At first surgery was the only option but now with the therapy and brace, my doctor says that if I keep it up, I will never have to have surgery! The people at the site also can help adults with scoliosis. Hope this helps!
              Silverpaw(scoliosismom's 11 yrold daughter)
              Summer,

My daughter didn't say that scoliosisrehab.com is a website created by her mom and her physical therapist to make people more aware of physical therapy for scoliosis. The method we utilize is the Schroth and it strengthens mucles which tend to be weaker due to both scoliosis and the brace wearing. Congratulations on being out of brace! It sounds like you were a faithful wearer even though it is difficult

Comment

Working...
              X