Hi everyone all is better almost 2 months pre OP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone all is better almost 2 months pre OP

Hi all just thought I would let all know that from June 20th till now Is so much diffrent my back scar is healed 100 % only pain is from being stiff and with the physical theraphy we started all is going so much better. If I can be of help to anyone else that has Kyphosis please PM me. Thanks
    97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope all continues to go well for you.

Renee

Comment

Hi Witty!! So glad to hear you are doing well! You may remember my son had his surgery two days after you - June 22. He is also doing great and is actually starting a part-time job on Monday. The only restrictions he has are no lifting over 15 pounds and no contact sports. How about you?

Comment

Hey NJ glad to hear your great news. I am starting a Job I hope come Oct. Did not want to have it interfear with school and such. I can only lift up to 9 Pounds and Contact sports will be ok come this spring. Is your son doing Physical Thearpy?
        97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Comment

Witty and NJ I am wondering

if either you (witty) or your son (nj) had an anterior and posterior fusion and how that went. Did you have chest tubes? How long was the surgery and were there ANY complications that you are aware of? Did you need any blood products during or after surgery?

My name is Lisa and my 14 year old daughter has a 75 degree kyphotic curvature requiring anterior and posterior fusion. We are in the very beginning stages and in fact meet with her surgeon on 9/23. Anticipated surgery is for sometime in November. I, of course, an totally stressed out. Having done some reading and research, it sounds pretty bruttle and risky.

It certainly does help to know that we are not alone and there are others going through or having gone through this same thing. I really appreciate any advice or input.....Lisa

Comment

Hi Lisa,

My son had anterior only and it went well. He came out of surgery smiling and giving us the thumbs up. The first two days of recovery were the hardest as he had a reaction to the pain medication. He was on oxygen an extra day because all the medications slowed his respiratory system down and he had a chest tube which also stayed in an extra day because he couldn't do the breathing exercises to clear the fluid from around his lung due to the reaction he had. However, according to all the nurses, what he experienced was pretty standard and he came through it all fine. He donated two pints of his own blood which they returned to him the first night in ICU.

The anticipation of surgery was the hardest for me. It hung over our heads for almost a year, which in one respect was okay as it gave me time to research and feel comfortable with our choice of surgeon and read all the successful surgery stories here. On the other hand, its just plain hard knowing what's coming.

Hang in there and come here often. Its a great place for information and support.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by lhaag
              if either you (witty) or your son (nj) had an anterior and posterior fusion and how that went. Did you have chest tubes? How long was the surgery and were there ANY complications that you are aware of? Did you need any blood products during or after surgery?

My name is Lisa and my 14 year old daughter has a 75 degree kyphotic curvature requiring anterior and posterior fusion. We are in the very beginning stages and in fact meet with her surgeon on 9/23. Anticipated surgery is for sometime in November. I, of course, an totally stressed out. Having done some reading and research, it sounds pretty bruttle and risky.

It certainly does help to know that we are not alone and there are others going through or having gone through this same thing. I really appreciate any advice or input.....Lisa

Oh yes I did. Still hurts some when you have to senzee. Yes there is a chest tube. My sugery from what i hear was about 10-11 hours long. I had to give 2 units of blood but they did not use them. Trust me i felt the same way you did I have lived for 17 years nothing comapred to this but trust me its all for the better. Dont sacre yourself like i did it only makes it worse. If you need anything PM ME.

Comment

Lisa,

My 14 y.o. daughter had surgery 8 months ago to correct both her Kyphosis and her Scoliosis. Her surgery was posterior only. She had donated two units of blood which were returned to her in the O.R. At 8 months, she still has a few restrictions but is looking forward to starting high school with no restrictions at school.

A few suggestions for your meeting with the surgeon: take someone with you if possible; start making a list of questions now to take with you; I personally wanted to know things like: about how long will the surgery last, how long will the fusion be, and things like that. We are all here for you so, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
                X