Surgery last week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery last week!

Hi everyone! i had surgery last week on thurs.![jan.22]and every thing went great. i fealt horrible when my meds were wearin off. But i feel great only6days later. There was a girl that had the same surgery on the same day amd she went home the mornin b4 i did so that motivated me 2 get home!
    luve allways,
    *Paige*
    __-------______--------______-------__
    12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

surgery

So glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are feeling better already. I have my surgery scheduled for February 17th and hope all goes well.

Angel

Comment

Paige! I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well. I have been wondering how it went and how you are feeling. Thanks for the update. Best wishes to you for a continued smooth recovery.
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

congrats!

Paige, I am so glad that your surgery went well. Sounds like you have a great attitude, which is the best help in recovering well! Hang in there! There will be good and bad days, but soon the good will be a lot more common than the bad! Today is exactly two years since my surgery, and I am very thankful I had it done!
        Susan

Comment

so glad ur ok

paiger im so glad to hear everthing is okay that makes me feel better about my surgery which is this wednesday did you have the surgery with the rods in your back cause thats what im having? i bet you have a lot of independant study to do i got all my work yesterday and it looks like alot. Besides homework what can you do to fill your time? Is it hard to do that rolling thing"? sorry im asking so many quedtions but i guess im still curious oh yeah did your hoospital have a child life or fun center? if you can please answer my questions and im so glad your okay cause i feel so much better thanx
          M@ndy

Comment

HI mandy!
            U really dont have anything 2 worry about!! I got a bunch of crafts to do and i watch tv alot!!The rolling thing sucks at first but by the time i got home i was doin it on my own!!Yea i had the surgery with the rods! [i think thats the only kind]well i gatta go good luck!!
            luve allways,
            *Paige*

Comment

Hey, hows it going? I'm glad that your surgery went well!!!!

My name is Ashley and I am 15 years old. I was diagnosed with scoli last summer with a 30 degree curve.

When did you get diagnosed? How big was your curve before you had surgery?

I really want to get surgery so that all of the pain can go away!!! ERR!

So yeah, I guess I'll go. I'll talk to you later!

T.A.Y!!!!!!!(thinking about you)
              ***ASHLEY***

Comment

Hey!
                i got diognosed with scoli when i was 8 months old! MY curves were both around 60!Y do u want surgery???I know i was real upset when i foud out i had 2 get surgery!!!!
                luve allways,
                *Paige*

Comment

Wow! 8 months old!!! Geez!!!!!!

I just don't want to deal with one of those stupid braces!!!!!

My back has been hurting all the time lately and I just don't want to deal with it. I'm not really worried if later on I do need to have surgery. I have no idea why I'm not.

Just don't ask I don't know!!!

Thanks 4 writing me so soon!!

Talk to you later,
                  ***ASHLEY***

Comment

Hi Paiger
                    I saw on your profile where you're from Ohio, and you had the surgery done at Children's in Columbus? I had mine done at Children's in Cincinnati. Great hospital. Glad to hear you're doing good, as am I. I had mine back in Nov., and after almost 3 months, I'm already driving again, back to school/school activities full time, church, and I'm even "lightly" dancing again for my tap/jazz dance classes...nothing TOO extreme yet! I show horses as well, but of course cannot do that for probably at least 6 months, so hopefully summertime I can! Anyways, keep your chin up hon and good luck!
                    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
                    "Talent takes you to the top. Character keeps you there."

Comment

hell0o

hello i dunno when i am having my operation i havent been told yet as such
                      Ben Thrower

Comment

Hey Paiger this is Hannah, my dad, Steve Barlow sent you a message the other day and he just showed it to me. I had my surgery on 1~26~04 it was really hard but i am gettin through it! Im sure you know wut i mean. I hope u recover well and i will keep in touch with you.

Hannah Barlow

Comment

hi!

hi i am sarah an di have a ?. first can you still like bend over with out your back hurting an d can you lay on hard floors like a couplel months after surgery on ;y;our back without it hurting? please let me know

sarah

Comment

Hey!! Yes u can still bend over after surgery except u r spoose to bend at ur knees instead of ur waist!! U can also lay on hard floors .......at least i can and its only been a month!!!
                            I went back to school today!! It was lots of fun and everyone was exited [encluding me!!]
                            luve allways,
                            *Paige*

Comment

thanx

hi,

to day we had this spelling be in wautoma wisconsin and i got fifth place. that made me nervous. and now i am relallyu nervous for my surgery which is in about six days, march second. tomorrow i have to go to this doctor and my mom has this medicine the doctors gave her to give me to make me reallu really relaxed and then they are going to put gluey stickers on my head and take tests or something. do you know what that is for. wb asap.
                              sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X