change of plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of plans

Well, I knew this was bound to happen The doctor has changed my surgery date from the 28th of this month to the 25th! That's 4 days from now!!!! Well, there goes picking my mom up from the airport on the 27th, unless I can get a 'special pass' but I doubt it.

Wish me luck on this!
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Think of it as 3 fewer days on which you have to worry. :-)

Best of luck with your surgery.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

And

And you recover 3 days earlier! good luck with the surgery, and keep us posted!

Comment

heh. it's funny you should say that. My husband told me that exact same thing. The only bad part is that I'm having to work 3 mid shifts 1730L-0600L No time to get things prepared before hand and my mangement expects me back at work full force in 6 weeks! HA HA HA. A downfall to that is that they will not give me any time off before hand to spend with my daughter and my husband. So much for the AirForce caring about its people.
        25 yr old female =^_^=
        Lumbar curve 23 degrees

Comment

good luck

What kind of surgery are you having? I'm having surgery Sept 21st i have 65 degree thoracic khyosis and 70 degree in lumbar.I'm having T2 to L1 fused and L3-L4 and L5-S1. Have torn discs that hurt very bad. Have you had any epidural injections. I had neck surgery in 2002 and that went good except for muscles i have fibromalgia but kind of scared about this back surgery.

Hope the very best your in my prayers Dave
          Hello I'm Dave
          34 years old
          2002 C5-C7 Fusion with plate and screws.

Sept 2005 T3 to L1
          65 degree before 37 degree After Thoracic
          Rods and Screws

L3-L4 and L5-S1 took discs out fusied with rods and screws.

Had 11 1/4 hour surgery spent 6 days in coma and 7 days in heart ICU. Had a tough surgery don't want to go through that again.

Comment

well, so far it's looking at a Posterior Spinal Fusion from T5-L1. Doctor is going to look at x-rays and MRI scans again the day of surgery to see if he will be going any higher or lower. Don't really care about going higher, just the lower that I'm worried about.

Thanks so much for the support!

~Shelley
            25 yr old female =^_^=
            Lumbar curve 23 degrees

Comment

Good luck Shelly!!! I wish you a speedy recovery! I'm 30 and 5 months post op (fused T2-L4) and feeling really good, so you should be back in shape in no time!

Take each day as it comes. It's tough in the beginning to see the recovery as it happens because you don't see changes on a daily basis...you'll notice things changing from week to week though and the best thing to do is say, "remember 2 weeks ago when I couldn't do....." That's what kept me going and thinking positively throughout my recovery!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

thanks Heidi. I'll be sure to keep you all posted. (If not me, I'll try and get my husband to do it for me) Well, Tomorrow is the big day. :/ I just pray for a speedy recovery and a successful surgery.

Thanks everyone for your support!

~Shelley
                25 yr old female =^_^=
                Lumbar curve 23 degrees

Comment

Best of luck!
                  You will be in my thoughts & prayers
                  Age 28
                  diagnosed at age 12
                  wore a boston brace until age 14
                  No surgery, was on "wait and watch" till recently. Got a SpineCor (Jan 27th) to help ease the pain.
                  T-curve 73 degrees with severe rotation (curves to the right)
                  L-curve 45 degrees with slightly less severe rotation than my T-curve (curves to the left)

1994 - 5'10" - T-?/L-? (i forget what they really were)
                  2006 - 5' 4" - T-56/L-40
                  2008/09 - 5' 4" - T-73/L-45

Comment

Good Luck Shelley! Remember to take it one day at a time when it comes to recovery. Don't push yourself to hard. Best Wishes, Theresa (b'day pals, also I'm an AF brat, so I know how it is with the AF)
                    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
                    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
                    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
                    Fused T2 to sacrum
                    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
                    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Working...
                    X