View Full Version : Pre-opt update

07-16-2005, 10:10 AM
We discussed the whole situation with the doctor at Shriners and decided to have the optional thoracoplasty, to reduce some of her rib hump. The doctor will do anterior, posterior, and throracoplastic, remove parts of 3 ribs. Her curve measured around 75 degrees or so with a prominent rib hump this week. He suggests he will get about a 60 degree curve post-surgery since she is not really flexible. We are accepting this and thankful to be preventing breathing difficulties as she ages and would go toward over 100 degree curve some day. Mon.-Thurs. or Fri., IPACU (ICU) then several days in the room with me as she recuperates her walking skills. We go back tomorrow and my husband got a room at McDonald house for $8 a night for Sunday and Monday. That was fortunate to get that reservation so early. We could have had to make alternative reservations and see if they had an opening Sunday evening. Kris

Cheryl M
07-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Kris, Lots of prayers coming your way. Hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow and I pray that her recovery will be quick and easy. Cheryl

07-19-2005, 09:45 AM

I hope and pray everything goes well for your daughter. Best wishes for a speedy (and uneventful) recovery.


07-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Hello noce forum