Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions

Hi everybody

1- Any of you know about infection on spinal surgeries due to Staphylococcus Aureus or others. In this unwanted case what antibiotic treatment were used.

2- Which prophylactic antibiotic is commonly used on yours surgery

3- What immunology test were made before surgery

4- In cases of immunology problems were indicated some special treatment before surgery

Greetings Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I can't answer most of your questions, since we haven't had infection problems following any of Braydon's 17 surgeries (10 back surgeries).

1. I don't know what the preferred antibioti-of-choice is for spinal infections.

2. I don't know the name of the antibiotic Braydon has following his surgeries. He has IV antibiotics for 48 hours (given every 6 (or is it 8) hours following surgery.

3. No immunology tests needed.

4. See #3.

I believe your daughter's situation is unique. Not many people here will have much experience that matches what information you need. I do hope you find the answers to your questions. It would be great if you could ask these specific questions of the surgeon, directly.

Good luck.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

My son just had surgery this week and he was given antibiotics in his IV for a few days after the operation to prevent infection. I agree with Carmell that your questions should be asked of the surgeon. I imagine there are many things that can be done at the top hospitals that could prevent the type of infections your daughter had last time. It is amazing how quickly medical science is progressing. Good luck and God bless.

Comment

1 question i would like to ask is after u have had surgery does it affect u when u do sports etc?

Comment

Working...
        X