We went to the doctor's yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We went to the doctor's yesterday

we went to the doctor's yesterday and wanted to ask a question how long does it take for the lower part of the cut to close because over there in 2 spots it opened up so please any information is good because i didn't know my cut could open

Roxie...

I think the opening could mean that you just have some internal stitches that are making their way out of your body (that happened to me several times), or it could mean that you have an infection. Either way, your surgeon will probably want someone to take a look at the incision.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I think that the normal healing time is different for all people depending on many factors. If you scrub that area the scab is more likely to come off. Also it depends on blood flow and how much the body is able to heal itself without more trauma. How long has it been since the surgery? Is the scar red, does it have any discharge, does it itch on a normal basis? These are all things to look for in a case of infection. If the doctor were to look at it and it had no signs of infection he would probably say to just keep it clean and make sure that no signs of infection arise.
      Mandy

Comment

Working...
      X