has anyone ever heard of shoulder pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone ever heard of shoulder pain

if you read in a couple of places you would know i just home from the hospital and has anyone heard of shoulder pain because i have that reallyy bad. any information please feel free to e-mail me romochick17@yahoo.com

Hi Roxie...

Shoulder pain is pretty common after scoliosis surgery. If you're average, the pain should subside gradually over time. You might find that it's worse if you sit with your chin down (as if you're looking at something on a desk or your lap).

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hey Roxie. Long time, no hear! Well, just so you know, you are not alone. I have been having some bad shoulder pain and burning for awhile now, and I hope that it subsides sooner or later! Well, hope that helps you! Ross
      Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
      www.myspace.com/ross40728
      Had surgery on 9/20/04
      81* Scheuermann's Disease
      40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
      U Rod Inserted
      Fused from T2-L3

Comment

Hi, my name is Amanda and I had surgery almost 6 months ago. I still have shoulder pain. I think that it is very common after surgery because all of the muscles have been moved and are under lots of "weird" stresses that arent "normal". I dont know if that makes any sense to you, but it is common.
        Mandy

Comment

i have that problem my shoulder hurts alot now and its the opposite side my curve was on so i guess it probably is common
          ~Shannon~
          Surgery: May 25th 2005! Woot!
          13 months Post-op
          E-mail me!:
          starchild_81212@yahoo.com or Star_child_81212@msn.com

Comment

My daughter complains of shoulder pain too and it is also the shoulder opposite her curve. It's also higher than before the surgery but both the surgeon and the Physical Therapist said that it will even out as things settle down. Just like the previous post, they said the all the muscles and nerves have been moved around and have to rearrange themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X