Please help with questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with questions..

Hi.. I am 25. I had surgery either in 90, 91, 92. I have heard so many dates. My mom doesn't remember much about the surgery. If my dad says something she'll say how does he know he wasn't there. All I know is I'm in major pain and have been to doctor after docter with no results. I had it done at the Shriners Hospital in Greenville, SC. To get me started can anyone look at the picture and tell me what kind of rods I have. This is not my X-Ray but it is the same type of rod.
    ~~ Always Do What You Wish You Could Do ~~

Hi Amanda...

You've got a relatively unusual implant system. I know I've seen it before, but I'm not sure that I know what it is. It may be called a unit system. You can call or write to Shriners and ask them for a copy of your records. You may have to pay for the records.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by LindaRacine
      Hi Amanda...

You've got a relatively unusual implant system. I know I've seen it before, but I'm not sure that I know what it is. It may be called a unit system. You can call or write to Shriners and ask them for a copy of your records. You may have to pay for the records.

Regards,
      Linda
      Thanks for your reply. I have searched and searched all day and night trying to find out something. I'm hitting dead ends everywhere. I'm doing a search on the unit system now. My grandma called my sponsor today and said he would contact Greenville and see what he can find out. Do you know about what it cost to get records and how do I go about it? Thanks again.

Amanda

Comment

Hi Amanda...

I don't have a clue what the records would cost, if at all. Here's the hospital contact information:

Greenville Shriners Hospital
        950 West Faris Road
        Greenville, SC 29605-4277
        Telephone 864-271-3444
        Fax 864-271-4471

When you call, tell them you want copies of all of your surgical records.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi

I found out what kind of rods I have. I have Luque instrumentation.

Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_120895
            Thanks for your reply. I have searched and searched all day and night trying to find out something. I'm hitting dead ends everywhere. I'm doing a search on the unit system now. My grandma called my sponsor today and said he would contact Greenville and see what he can find out. Do you know about what it cost to get records and how do I go about it? Thanks again.

Amanda
            Most places charge 25 to 50 cents a page. I belive it's unlawful to charge more than 75 cents... but I could be wrong. Sometimes you'll get lucky and they'll give you coipes for free..this happened to me once. All the other times I had to pay 25 per page.
            30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
            2005 - T50, L31
            bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
            2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
            Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Working...
            X