PDA

View Full Version : Please help with questions..

Amanda_120895
07-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi.. I am 25. I had surgery either in 90, 91, 92. I have heard so many dates. My mom doesn't remember much about the surgery. If my dad says something she'll say how does he know he wasn't there. All I know is I'm in major pain and have been to doctor after docter with no results. I had it done at the Shriners Hospital in Greenville, SC. To get me started can anyone look at the picture and tell me what kind of rods I have. This is not my X-Ray but it is the same type of rod.

LindaRacine
07-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Hi Amanda...

You've got a relatively unusual implant system. I know I've seen it before, but I'm not sure that I know what it is. It may be called a unit system. You can call or write to Shriners and ask them for a copy of your records. You may have to pay for the records.

Regards,
Linda

Amanda_120895
07-09-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi Amanda...

You've got a relatively unusual implant system. I know I've seen it before, but I'm not sure that I know what it is. It may be called a unit system. You can call or write to Shriners and ask them for a copy of your records. You may have to pay for the records.

Regards,
Linda

Thanks for your reply. I have searched and searched all day and night trying to find out something. I'm hitting dead ends everywhere. I'm doing a search on the unit system now. My grandma called my sponsor today and said he would contact Greenville and see what he can find out. Do you know about what it cost to get records and how do I go about it? Thanks again.

Amanda

LindaRacine
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi Amanda...

I don't have a clue what the records would cost, if at all. Here's the hospital contact information:

Greenville Shriners Hospital
950 West Faris Road
Greenville, SC 29605-4277
Telephone 864-271-3444
Fax 864-271-4471

When you call, tell them you want copies of all of your surgical records.

Regards,
Linda

Amanda_120895
07-11-2005, 03:50 PM
I found out what kind of rods I have. I have Luque instrumentation. :)

Amanda

green m&m
07-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have searched and searched all day and night trying to find out something. I'm hitting dead ends everywhere. I'm doing a search on the unit system now. My grandma called my sponsor today and said he would contact Greenville and see what he can find out. Do you know about what it cost to get records and how do I go about it? Thanks again.

Amanda

Most places charge 25 to 50 cents a page. I belive it's unlawful to charge more than 75 cents... but I could be wrong. Sometimes you'll get lucky and they'll give you coipes for free..this happened to me once. All the other times I had to pay 25 per page.