Question List for the Doc!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question List for the Doc!!

I haven't been on the forum long, but I have already met some of you who have given me great advice and feedback on my upcoming doctor's visit...but I have heard from quite a bit of you that you prepared a list of questions that you NEED to ask your doctor about surgery, or before having it...I already have some ques. of my own, but would any of you share your's with me?? I don't want to leave anything important out or forget something, so I'd love to see your lists, if you still have them?...or hear some of the questions you asked...
    My visit is scheduled for July 22, first exam in five years...I hope I am prepared for it...
    Thanks in advance!

Hi...

There's another thread on the topic here:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...ight=questions

I personally recommend that you come up with your own list of questions instead of trying to figure out what you wouldn't think of on your own. The time you spend with the surgeon is usually limited, and having him or her answer a long list of questions that may or may not be relavent in your own case isn't the best use of that time. Work with your own list, and ask what you can do about questions you'll almost certainly come up with when you leave the office. If you have the time and haven't already done so, read Scoliosis Surgery The Definitive Patient Reference by Dave Wolpert. It will get you thinking about what sorts of things you need to consider.

Be sure to bring someone with you (preferably someone who knows a little about the topic) who can help you remember what the doctor tells you.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you LindaRacine...I had already begun a two-page list of questions for myself when I posted this message...and I had already tried searching for a previous thread about it...I was frequent to the doctor in my younger days, so I know the routine is usually always rushed and the time is limited...I asked because I have been out of the Scoliosis "scene" now for some time, and there is a lot I have noticed people on this forum know about, that I was never told back in 99/2000...
      I would just appreciate any help with additions that I may need on my list from those who are more "up-to-date" on surgery today...
      I personally, of course, hope to be up-to-date following my visit!

Comment

Working...
      X