well i am back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i am back.

well after 2 weeks in the hosptiol i am finally back. I fell as i am in a litlle pian and i do have trouble slepping at night anyone have any sugesststions? Thanks
    97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Great to have you back, witty. When you feel better, do tell us about your hospital stay.
    You had originally mentioned that your stay would be 4 days...any reason why it was prolonged to 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Central
      Great to have you back, witty. When you feel better, do tell us about your hospital stay.
      You had originally mentioned that your stay would be 4 days...any reason why it was prolonged to 2 weeks?

Lamo(know i did not spell that right) and 1 week of rehab. I do tell you that there is no place like home.
      97 degree Kyphosis is now down to 23. 12 hours and 16 days after being let go of the hospitol it feels so good to be back.

Comment

Glad To Here Your Home.
        Hope All Is Well Each Day Gets Better
        In My Prayers Theresa
        THERESA

Comment

hi! I'm glad you are okay and back home finally. That's a long time to be in the hospital. My son was in for 5 days but he didn't require rehab. He also has some trouble sleeping at night - he can fall asleep but he wakes up off and on through the night. He sleeps in a recliner in the livingroom as he is still not comfortable in a bed yet. In the hospital, they gave him benedryl to help him relax and to sleep so that's what he has been taking at home. Maybe you could ask your doctor if that is okay for you?

Comment

Originally posted by witty300
            well after 2 weeks in the hosptiol i am finally back. I fell as i am in a litlle pian and i do have trouble slepping at night anyone have any sugesststions? Thanks

hey witty welcome back i just came back too. and amazing i stayed 2 weeks in the hospital 2 when i was only sopposed to a couple of day 4 sleeping try and have pillows that helps me alot. what medicine are you on? and do your shoulders hurt? God bless i'll pray for you

Comment

Originally posted by roxie
              hey witty welcome back i just came back too. and amazing i stayed 2 weeks in the hospital 2 when i was only sopposed to a couple of day 4 sleeping try and have pillows that helps me alot. what medicine are you on? and do your shoulders hurt? God bless i'll pray for you

I am takeing perkinstand. Pillows do help. Last night was a good night of sleep. My shoulders dont really hurt. Its my left rib that is hurting me the most.

Comment

hi Witty. My sons left ribs hurt him a lot at first too. Did you have ribs removed for your fusion? He had two ribs removed. The pain has subsided quite a bit since he's been home - it took a few days. Now it seems to only hurt him if he coughs or sneezes. He came home with tylonel w/codeine for pain but he is on regular tylonel now as needed. I hope your recovery is quick!

Comment

Originally posted by carolnj
                  hi Witty. My sons left ribs hurt him a lot at first too. Did you have ribs removed for your fusion? He had two ribs removed. The pain has subsided quite a bit since he's been home - it took a few days. Now it seems to only hurt him if he coughs or sneezes. He came home with tylonel w/codeine for pain but he is on regular tylonel now as needed. I hope your recovery is quick!

Thanks I am glad to hear your son is doing great. I am not sure if they took a rib out or not. But i am takeing perkstand in the mourning and before i go to bed. I just worry when i am out of it. Does Tylonel work? I also do tell you that there is no place like home.

Comment

Originally posted by witty300
                    I am takeing perkinstand. Pillows do help. Last night was a good night of sleep. My shoulders dont really hurt. Its my left rib that is hurting me the most.

o well for me i have mortrin and valuem something like that anyways one of my shoulders was higher than another one of them and maybe thats why they hurt. i dont have any ribs problem and they took a bone graft from my hip not sure which one and cant feel which one either

Comment

motrin?

My understanding is that medications like Motrin interfere with fusion the first 4 months after surgery. Are you sure you are taking that?

On the other hand maybe the thinking has changed on that one. Check with your surgeon.

Karen
                      Last edited by Karen Ocker; 07-08-2005, 03:55 PM. Reason: misspelling
                      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
                      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

my daughter's surgeon said no motrin or advil for one year

Comment

not me i dont know thats what i am taking and my surgeon said its okay

Comment

Witty and Roxie, why did you end up staying in the hospital 2 weeks? I wonder because Shriners allows about 2 weeks without needing to beg insurance, but of course if my daughter is ready before that, we won't stay that long. Kris

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS ATKINSON
                              Witty and Roxie, why did you end up staying in the hospital 2 weeks? I wonder because Shriners allows about 2 weeks without needing to beg insurance, but of course if my daughter is ready before that, we won't stay that long. Kris

I had drainage problem my doctor was on vacation and the people there didnt pay attention to the drainage until the chief doctor came in and said big problem but it wasnt as bad as they thought and i got to come home

Comment

Working...
                              X