Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg length

Hey,
    anyone out there educated on leg length and scoliosis? i hope so.
    Apparently i have a discrepancy in leg length of 3cm, give or take, which if i don't treat now may cause back probs in the future.
    What sort of treatment is required for the leg length? To what hight are lifts and inserts helpfull?
    Im from australia and play a fair bit of aussie rules football and cricket which require special studded shoes. Are lifts even possible for these shoes?
    i ask as it is in these sports that i devolop the most pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers!

Hi gaggaz...

Almost everyone has a leg length discrepancy, and 3cm is pretty small. You should probably talk to your primary care physician about it, but I'm guessing that s/he'll tell you that no treatment is necessary. Also, it's impossible to tell if someone actually has a leg length discrepancy without special x-rays of the legs. If you have been diagnosed with scoliosis, I think it's more likely that you have a pelvic tilt, which is pretty common in people with scoliosis.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X