No announcement yet.

Getting Nervous Surgery 2 weeks away!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Nervous Surgery 2 weeks away!!!

Hey all.. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Megan's surgery is now 2 weeks from tomorrow. It will be complete spinal fusion and then the union rods anchored to her pelvis and wired in. I am so worried about this, she has undergone numerous orthopedic surgeries in the past, but this one has always been the one that SCARES me to death. Meg is healthy, but has so many issues, she is non mobile, non verbal, has seizure disorder, sleep apnea, vision impairments. I am just so scared, I have been explaining it to her a little bit, but I don't want her all worried about it for the next weeks. As it gets closer we will sit down and I will try and explain it to her. I just pray that the pain isn't bad, I just can't bear to see her in pain. I knew you all would understand completely. I am literally sick at my stomach a lot now. I try to give it up to God, knowing he is driving the bus and he will see us thru it. Then that human nature takes over.......We go on the 14th for a pre surgery appt, and then Tues the 19th of July is the day. Had to share this picture of Meg with you all, with our puppy Molly. thanks for listening.....
    Wife to Scott, the most incredible man God put on this earth, Mom to Joshua who is 16 1/2, Megan who is 11 with CP, seizure disorder, sleep apnea, coritcal visual impairment, non mobile, non verbal, and scoliosis, but the GREATEST blessing we could of ever hoped for,who had posterior spinal fusion surgery on July 19th, 2005, fused from neck to bottom and has the titanium union rod wired in place. and Jacob 3yrs.....Can't forget our16 mos old golden lab puppy, Molly.....

Megan's mom, you have a cute little girl! Love her smile. I notice she is lying down on the dog, what do you mean by non-mobile? Did you pick her up and lay her on the dog? Nice dog, too! I am going through the last 2 weeks as well with my 14 year old daughter. While she counts the days with dread, I count them with anxiety. I can't wait to have her surgery over. What does your family like to do and what does Megan do? My family is going to the zoo this Saturday and I plan to take my kids to the pool this afternoon. Several of us on this forum are looking at surgery the same week, it looks like, so maybe we can support each other. Kris

Comment

Hi Megan's Mom
      She does look like a little cutie pie!!Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes for the 19th. We're still waiting for that date - last from the hospital was 'well it won't be in the next two weeks' Big help!

Lorrie

Comment

Dear Megan's mom,
        I understand the anxiety since my son goes in next Monday, July 11. His surgery is not so extensive but I can feel some of your pain. I am working on the diversion approach to anxiety control. My son is at camp and from the letter (note that is not plural) he seems to be having a great time. Now, if he can just stay healthy and in one piece, this major diversion will have been worthwhile. As for myself, I am working hard during the day and trying to plan something fun each night. This past weekend I decided that the house needed to be extra clean since it would be unattended for a few weeks. While not exactly fun, it was certainly diverting and my house looks great. Know that you will be in my prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS ATKINSON
          Megan's mom, you have a cute little girl! Love her smile. I notice she is lying down on the dog, what do you mean by non-mobile? Did you pick her up and lay her on the dog? Nice dog, too! I am going through the last 2 weeks as well with my 14 year old daughter. While she counts the days with dread, I count them with anxiety. I can't wait to have her surgery over. What does your family like to do and what does Megan do? My family is going to the zoo this Saturday and I plan to take my kids to the pool this afternoon. Several of us on this forum are looking at surgery the same week, it looks like, so maybe we can support each other. Kris
          Kris,
          Yes, by non mobile, I mean, Megan can't walk or roll over or crawl or sit up without support. Yes, I had to pick her up and put her on the pup. We like you, this weekend we stayed very busy, on Sun we went to Walmart, then out to eat then to the zoo then stayed in the pool, we went and seen two different fireworks shows. This next weekend we are going to go see a movie, and try and get in all we can before Megs surgery. The doc said she would be in the hospital for about 10 days barring no complications. That would be great to support each other. It is so nice to talk with people who are going thru the same thing.
          Tracy
          Wife to Scott, the most incredible man God put on this earth, Mom to Joshua who is 16 1/2, Megan who is 11 with CP, seizure disorder, sleep apnea, coritcal visual impairment, non mobile, non verbal, and scoliosis, but the GREATEST blessing we could of ever hoped for,who had posterior spinal fusion surgery on July 19th, 2005, fused from neck to bottom and has the titanium union rod wired in place. and Jacob 3yrs.....Can't forget our16 mos old golden lab puppy, Molly.....

Comment

Originally posted by lorrie
            Hi Megan's Mom
            She does look like a little cutie pie!!Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes for the 19th. We're still waiting for that date - last from the hospital was 'well it won't be in the next two weeks' Big help!

Lorrie
            Lorrie,
            Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I just can't wait for it to be over and her be about 3 weeks post op and the pain be somewhat undercontrol. I hope you get your date soon, so you can get it done and overwith also.
            Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by dawndd
              Dear Megan's mom,
              I understand the anxiety since my son goes in next Monday, July 11. His surgery is not so extensive but I can feel some of your pain. I am working on the diversion approach to anxiety control. My son is at camp and from the letter (note that is not plural) he seems to be having a great time. Now, if he can just stay healthy and in one piece, this major diversion will have been worthwhile. As for myself, I am working hard during the day and trying to plan something fun each night. This past weekend I decided that the house needed to be extra clean since it would be unattended for a few weeks. While not exactly fun, it was certainly diverting and my house looks great. Know that you will be in my prayers.

Dawn,
              I am sure you are gettting nervous also. As it approaches, it is nice to stay busy, that is what I have been doing, we do therapy everyday with Megan and I have a 15 1/2 year old who just got his drivers permit YIKES, and I have been riding shotgun and then I have a 2yr old that keeps me on my toes and a 6 mos old golden lab, but like you I caught myself vaccuming furniture and doing woodwork and things that I normally wouldn't do all the time. Know that I will be praying for your family as surgery approaches.
              Thanks
              Tracy

Comment

Working...
              X