Appreciate any feedback on Dr. Errico @ NYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appreciate any feedback on Dr. Errico @ NYU

I'm a 27 year old woman who has finally decided to have corrective surgery for my Scoliosis (55 degree curve). I've made an appointment to have the surgery on July 19th with Dr. Errico at NYU but would like to hear other's thoughts about him to be certain in my choice. I would greatly appreciate any critism, both positive or negative, in relation to any experiences you or someone you know has had with him.

Thank you!
    Lara

Lara, Dr. Errico is a very good surgeon. I was a patient of his in 1999, although I didn't have to have further surgery. A friend of mine had extensive revision surgery by him and she feels fabulous. She referred me to him, and I since then I have referred others who thought the same. He is a very well respected surgeon. His wife has scoliosis and therefore is very sympathetic to his patients. Good luck. LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Dr. Errico

I know of 3 people, one a physican I work with and the other an RN who swear by him.

He took over Dr. Keim's practice.
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

i know someone who had surgery with him and had a problem after with fusing and had to have surgery redone and used dr. neuwirth and everything has been fine since

Comment

I used Dr. Nuewirth and I'm doing great...get all the opinions you need to make an informed decision,,,,
          CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
          fused T4 -L3
          Hip graft
          Grown 1 1/2 inches
          25/o upper T 15/o
          53/o T 15/o
          37/o L 6/o
          Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
          New York City

August 6, 2004
          Pulmonary Embolism