Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3_D correction

Hi Everyone:
    I'm new here. My daughter is scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Mardjetko in the Chicago area in July. Today I recieved an article in a Las Vegas newspaper from my aunt who lives there. The article talks about this dr. barry, who has come up with a way to correct the rotational aspect of the deformed spine. He says he gets a correction of about 90%. I haven't had a chance yet to call my Dr., because I'm wondering if all dr's fix the rotation during surgery. This Dr. Barry sounded like it was a fairly new technique.
    Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!!

Julie

Hi Julie...

Dr. Barry isn't doing anything that the other doctors aren't also doing. Derotation has been a part of scoliosis surgery for more than 20 years. I think you're probably in excellent hands with Dr. Mardjetko, and I'd encourage you to discuss the topic with him.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X