Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!

Hey everyone!

I had my surgery on Thursday (June 16th)... I was discharged yesterday and I'm in alot of pain but its hard to just lay around and do nothing... I can only stay on here for a minute though and I need to lay down. Everything went well though... my pain medicaition makes me feel sick and it hurts a lot. I can take my bandages off on Friday and take my first shower. I just hope everyday gets alittle better.

VANESSA, Good for you! I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. Take it easy and enjoy the summer. LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Congratuations Vanessa! Welcome home! Kris

Comment

Great to hear you have it over with. When you feel up to it can you give us a more detailed update?

Comment

Vanessa, So glad to hear you're home and doing well. The first three weeks or so can be pretty tough, but I promise you will be feeling a little better each day. Please let your doctor know about the pain medicine making you feel sick. They might be able to change the medicine or the dosage to make you feel better. Make sure you have a little something to eat when you take your meds, as that will help a lot.
          Susanna
          ~~~~~~
          Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Working...
          X