Insurance questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance questions

Alrite, I need a little help with insurance. I know questions like this have been asked a million times, but I'm still not completely clear.
    How can I get insurance that covers the surgery? If I am self employed, can I go out and buy personal health insurance? Dont they have the clause "will not cover prior illness/health problems"?
    If i go work for a company- do they usually provide the sort of coverage that may cover this?
    How exactly does one go about getting oneself into a position where insurance could pay for most costs?
    Thanks

Central...

Usually, private insurance policies have pre-existing condition clauses that exclude coverage for anything for which you've been treated in the past x years. I don't know about all states, but I believe that here in California, if you're covered by an employer's group plan, there are no pre-existing condition clauses.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X