PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?? Scoliosis and Agent Orange

dinamb1
06-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi!
I am wondering if any other members who have been diagnosed with Scoliosis have a parent that was exposed to Agent Orange.

My father was exposed when he was in Vietnam.. I was diagnosed with scoliosis in 1985. I had the milwaukee brace, and then the herrington rods put in. I have had two other surgeries removing parts of the rods due to back pain/stenosis.

The research that I have done shows that a few individuals, like myself, had a parent in Vietnam that was exposed to Agent Orange.

I am VERY curious to see how many other individuals are out there!

Please email me if you have any information!!
Thank you so much!!!!!!

LindaRacine
06-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi dinamb1...

According to this website:

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/8212/briefB2.html

"The following types of conditions are not ordinarily thought to be due to such exposure (the first restriction): (a) congenital, that is, existing at or from one's birth, or developmental conditions, for example, scoliosis; (b) conditions which are known to have pre-existed military service; (c) conditions resulting from trauma, for example, deformity or limitation of motion of an extremity; (d) conditions having a specific and well established etiology, for example, tuberculosis and gout; and (e) common conditions having a well recognized clinical course, for example, inguinal hernia and acute appendicitis."

Regards,
Linda

dinamb1
06-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Unfortunately, the government won't recognize many 'effects' from Agent Orange.

I am hoping to find other's out there who share a similar story as mine.

mistyk
07-28-2005, 11:49 AM
My dad was sprayed with agent orange and my scoliosis is not hereditary.
mistyk

Hornet
01-03-2006, 01:45 AM
My father was exposed to Agent Orange in 'Nam as well. I was diagnosed w/Scoliosis as a child. Though my scoliosis is hereditary, I have many health problems & often wonder if some are the result of my father's exposure. :confused:

Leelee
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry if I'm being stupid, but what IS agent orange? Whatever it is, I dont it had an effect on my scoli because I don't know my birth parents. But they were probably too young to be in vietnam anyway.