Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else?? Scoliosis and Agent Orange

Hi!
    I am wondering if any other members who have been diagnosed with Scoliosis have a parent that was exposed to Agent Orange.

My father was exposed when he was in Vietnam.. I was diagnosed with scoliosis in 1985. I had the milwaukee brace, and then the herrington rods put in. I have had two other surgeries removing parts of the rods due to back pain/stenosis.

The research that I have done shows that a few individuals, like myself, had a parent in Vietnam that was exposed to Agent Orange.

I am VERY curious to see how many other individuals are out there!

Please email me if you have any information!!
    Thank you so much!!!!!!

Hi dinamb1...

According to this website:

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bu...2/briefB2.html

"The following types of conditions are not ordinarily thought to be due to such exposure (the first restriction): (a) congenital, that is, existing at or from one's birth, or developmental conditions, for example, scoliosis; (b) conditions which are known to have pre-existed military service; (c) conditions resulting from trauma, for example, deformity or limitation of motion of an extremity; (d) conditions having a specific and well established etiology, for example, tuberculosis and gout; and (e) common conditions having a well recognized clinical course, for example, inguinal hernia and acute appendicitis."

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Unfortunately, the government won't recognize many 'effects' from Agent Orange.

I am hoping to find other's out there who share a similar story as mine.

Comment

me

My dad was sprayed with agent orange and my scoliosis is not hereditary.
        mistyk

Comment

My father was exposed to Agent Orange in 'Nam as well. I was diagnosed w/Scoliosis as a child. Though my scoliosis is hereditary, I have many health problems & often wonder if some are the result of my father's exposure.

Comment

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid, but what IS agent orange? Whatever it is, I dont it had an effect on my scoli because I don't know my birth parents. But they were probably too young to be in vietnam anyway.
            ~Leelee ♪
            [-] 17 years old
            _[-] 12th grade
            [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
            _[-] kyphosis, 67*
            [-] Boston brace for 4 years
            _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Comment

Working...
            X