Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My recovery

Heya guys

first time back onto the computer since my operation.

It went well and I'm doing well, so well infact that they sent me home aday earlier than expected! I'm finding it hard to just lay there most of the day and sometimes the pain is unbearable. but it's amazing how friends can just cheer you up and make your day great.

the rods are titanium and are 12 inches long or something like that, my doctor didn't tell me much about it which I thought was rather annoying.

Anyway just to say I'm doing fine and surviving!
    I am 15, live in England. Was Diagnosed with Scoliosis about a year ago. My top curve is 55 degrees, the bottom is 35 degrees. I have been booked for my first operation on the 7th June 2005.

Hi Debs!

I am so glad to hear you are home and doing well. The pain will get better, I promise! My daughter is three months post-op, and the first three weeks home were really tough. She had trouble sleeping, and was needing lots of pain meds, but now she doesn't need any pain medication, and the pain she had before surgery and right after is completely gone. Her scar has healed really well, and it is really thin, and getting more and more faint. She is able to do everything the doctor has OK'd and is anxious to get back to her old routine. The only thing that still bothers her is that she gets tired if she stays out for a long time (like going to the mall and walking around all day, or a sleep over at her friends). I can't wait to hear how great you're feeling in a few weeks! Hang in there.
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

friends

yeah ur right about the friends part. when my friends came and visited me i felt great, like all the pain just went away. i talked alot (unline the rest of my stay ta the hospital) and laughed lots. When at home it was also great to have friends come over.

im glad everything went well
      I'm 15, and I had surgery June 2, 2005. I do not regret any of it.

Comment

Working...
      X